White Sox vs Yankees 8.6 game thread

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

The same Steve Stone who was on the cover of Playgirl?  That had better not be why he has an attitude towards Kopech.

lol but that wasn't while he was in the minors. He had already made his mark as a MI pitcher. I was talking about Kopech with Stone thinking maybe he has too many distractions and maybe doesn't work hard enough on his game.  Now i know Kpoech works very hard to be in excellent shape but who knows if that's to be a stud pitcher or just a stud . It's all conjecture on my part because I can't think of anything else.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

lol but that wasn't while he was in the minors. He had already made his mark as a MI pitcher. I was talking about Kopech with Stone thinking maybe he has too many distractions and maybe doesn't work hard enough on his game.  Now i know Kpoech works very hard to be in excellent shape but who knows if that's to be a stud pitcher or just a stud . It's all conjecture on my part because I can't think of anything else.

Yeah, I have no idea what the deal is.  In general Steve Stone has become a crusty old man, which was a large part of why he couldn't work with Hawk, and why Jason sounds much better on broadcasts without Stone.  It could be that, or it could be some other peeve that Stone has, or it could be nothing.  Who knows. Even if Stone has an issue, he should either be a professional and explain it, or act like a professional and not make it obvious that he has a problem.

I just remember an article from last year about how Kopech and Adams were watching another minor league game on their offday just to analyze the pitching.

While stone has been critical, that "he's a thrower not a pitcher stuff" is still relevant and I would just identify the fact that he threw very, very little innings prior to being on the white sox.

I think that he wants to be the best, that he has introduced different pitches, all signs that he works at his craft.

12 minutes ago, bmags said:

I just remember an article from last year about how Kopech and Adams were watching another minor league game on their offday just to analyze the pitching.

While stone has been critical, that "he's a thrower not a pitcher stuff" is still relevant and I would just identify the fact that he threw very, very little innings prior to being on the white sox.

I think that he wants to be the best, that he has introduced different pitches, all signs that he works at his craft.

With the stories that came to us after the trade, I was definitely worried about his maturity.  While the Boston media loves to torch people as they leave town, there were some concerning things to keep in mind.  The kid has been a model citizen since he got here, and has done seemingly everything asked of him.  Even if he isn't as mature as some would like, he is still a pretty young kid and seems to be progressing.  That is OK by me.