White Sox vs. Yankees Game Thread 8.7.18

17 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

He's got some of the worst balance at the plate I've ever seen in a "major league player."

The question is...is Engel on the team next year? No one at center really waiting in the wings, and Leury is always out half the season to bank on him. Maybe they give Cordell a shot. Too bad they don't have designated fielders.....

1 minute ago, Scoots said:

The question is...is Engel on the team next year? No one at center really waiting in the wings, and Leury is always out half the season to bank on him. Maybe they give Cordell a shot. Too bad they don't have designated fielders.....

I’d sign a veteran if one is available on a short-term deal.  I’m less inclined to give playing to fringe prospects once Eloy & Kopech are up and most of our top prospects are in AA and therefore not too far away.

2 minutes ago, Scoots said:

I don't think it matters a whole lot. They still won't be good next year. I'm not sure who's on the FA market, but I wouldn't mind adding a decent vet on 1-2 year deal for the clubhouse presence. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scoots said:

My guess remains AJ Pollack as a fit, not likely to play the full season, free agent, gives some time for other guys like Cordell to have a shot, would probably be a 1 or 2 year deal