White Sox vs. Yankees Game Thread 8.7.18

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Ignore the player, the concept made a ton of sense.

I already suggested the name I think fits most, AJ Pollock is a good fit in my eyes, but yeah would be nice to not have someone we sign immediately be suspended this time.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I really like Pollock if we’re talking a one or two year deal.

I can't believe he'd get more than that considering he won't get more than 400 PAs this year and he missed most of last year. He might even want a 1 year deal because staying healthy and then hitting FA would be his only chance at multiple years.

Man, so glad with two men and nobody out we always have to decide between providing the pitcher with an out right away and moving runners over or screwing the batter putting them in worst position possible to have a good at bat.

20 minutes ago, fathom said:

He needs to get benched for it some time. He's not adjusting at all and has got to stop guessing with 2 strikes.  As I saw you say earlier, what the hell is Steverson teaching these guys?

Steverson may be the bees knees for all I know, but I continue to be unimpressed with our guys approaches and the length of slumps they through at time.  I worry he gives the players too much to autonomy to figure shit out themselves. 

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

Man, so glad with two men and nobody out we always have to decide between providing the pitcher with an out right away and moving runners over or screwing the batter putting them in worst position possible to have a good at bat.

I don't mind because we're not really trying to win games and getting runners over is a situational skill Anderson needs to work on.