White Sox vs. Yankees Game Thread 8.7.18

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

That was great work to get out of that. That was Ace-like work.

Jack may disagree, but I think it’s clear that Lopez has a much more realistic chance of becoming a TOR starter than Giolito if he can command the fastball & get that change working consistently.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Jack may disagree, but I think it’s clear that Lopez has a much more realistic chance of becoming a TOR starter than Giolito if he can command the fastball & get that change working consistently.

As of today there is zero question as to who has better stuff.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Good play is contagious with young teams. Some big plays from engel, great pitching, the whole team seems energized. Nice to see, and see them having fun.

Which is why cheering for losses doesn’t make sense at this point in the season.  Getting some wins hopefully brings the best out of these guys and stops some of the pressing.

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Rodon

Lopez

Kopech

Cease

Giolito

Badass. All 5 of those guys have ace potential. Hansen does as well if he gets his delivery back in sync and Dunning has a chance to be a #2. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I think he needs a wake up call 

It makes zero sense to use an option this year, so I don't know what they could do other than give him a week off in September, or move Yolmer to 2B and start Davidson at 3rd for a week. Moncada needs a wake up call and a mental break it seems. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, fathom said:

What a horrible offensive showing so far this series. Seeing Yoan and Timmy completely fall apart at same time is tough to watch.

Not to mention Yolmer and Davidson.

The only cheers are for some of our pitchers, Abreu/Avi/Palka/Narvaez (not defensively) and Engel's getting some short-lived career highlights before he ends up in the minors again, someday.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It makes zero sense to use an option this year, so I don't know what they could do other than give him a week off in September. 

Agreed, don’t waste the option.

And I don’t think such a drastic move is necessary.  If the issue is Yoan not listening to Stevenson, then bench him for a game or two.  If the issue is a failure of our coaching staff to instruct appropriately, well then we’re in a lot of trouble given our track record of firing coaches.

Edited by Chicago White Sox