White Sox vs. Yankees Game Thread 8.7.18

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t see ace potential with Lucas if I’m being candid.  Maybe good #3 starter potential.  The fastball just isn’t good enough at this point IMO.

The breaking stuff he showed last start is ace worthy, even with the fastball not being what it used to be. If I was pessimistic about Giolito at this point, I'd give  him solid to high end #2 upside. The switch to the straight change is really big for him. He had 3 60 grade offspeed pitches on Friday. Everyone is putting too much weight on his April and May, and not enough on his July and August. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The breaking stuff he showed last start is ace worthy, even with the fastball not being what it used to be. If I was pessimistic about Giolito at this point, I'd give  him solid to high end #2 upside. The switch to the straight change is really big for him. He had 3 60 grade offspeed pitches on Friday. Everyone is putting too much weight on his April and May, and not enough on his July and August. 

Just like with Yoan, you are way, way too high on Giolito's potential

Just now, ttommarello823 said:

Anderson’s inability to lay down that sac bunt probably cost the Sox 2 runs.  Yanks would have been playing the infield in and Avi’s Liner would most likely have been a hit.

Shouldn't be playing for one run anyways with this crap bullpen

1 minute ago, ttommarello823 said:

It would have been 2 runs because runners were on first and second.

Of course, their defense and pitch selection are going to be slightly different had Anderson successfully bunted there, too...no way of knowing what theoretically would have happened.

The only thing that's certain is Anderson sucks at bunting.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Of course, their defense and pitch selection are going to be slightly different had Anderson successfully bunted there, too...no way of knowing what theoretically would have happened.

The only thing that's certain is Anderson sucks at bunting.

Situational hitting (and bunting) is something he's going to have to learn if he's ever going to reach his potential. When you're a SS who's going to hit .265 with some pop and not walk a lot, you need to be able get runners over.