Ryan Burr called up

Sleepy Harold

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yeah, I'm not suggesting that we just cut everyone. But I also believe that there are quite a few guys of little to no value that don't exactly deserve to be penciled into the 40 man.

At the same time, the odds of teams actually selecting a lot of the guys we need to protect are slim. We saw this last year with Guerrero going unprotected, to the surprise of many, and not getting taken. There's still enormous risk involved with taking a player in the Rule 5 and actually keeping him on the MLB roster all year. Guys like Zavala, Burr, etc? Sure, I can definitely see teams taking them. Players like Mendick (skill), Guerrero (don't think we'd miss him too much), or Forbes (too raw for MLB), however, I don't see teams taking, and if they do, I don't think it would go very well for those teams. 

Yeah at the very least, some of the fringe guys get moved for "PTBNL or cash considerations."

Looking back I’m still shocked the Dbags traded him for international money (IIRC). Of course we’re talking about the same org that traded Incerte and Dansby Swanson and another good arm  for Shelby Miller.  I thought at the time it was a great under the radar move by Hahn. Burr was usually lights out at ASU.