8/28 GT - Big Game James vs. Lance Lynn

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

If they can keep it up for the remainder of the season, it will remind us of the 2014 Cubs. Then Eloy comes up and we're ready to rock and roll on Tax Day 2019. 

I thought of that today. 2014 Cubs used a relatively decent second half to lure a big FA and then they won 97 games in 2015. Our second half has been better than theirs was to date 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I thought of that today. 2014 Cubs used a relatively decent second half to lure a big FA and then they won 97 games in 2015. Our second half has been better than theirs was to date 

I hope they can split with Boston and win today, that will give me something to believe in. (cue the Bravery) 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

LOL its Revved up like a deuce
Another runner in the night

but nice catch on the song lyric.

I changed it. I had no idea what the hell they were saying. I looked at it and saw what I wrote and said, "Nah, that can't be the lyrics" That is what it sounds like they're saying though. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I'm starting to think we're going to draft as low as 8th or even 9th. We're only 6 games back of the 9th pick. And frankly, I don't think I mind that. 9th gives a fair shot at a talented prospect, and we honestly have a butt load of those already. Let's start winning some ballgames and begin our streak of dominance that will last years. Even more so if Eloy comes up (which I unfortunately doubt).