Standings Update NFL Picks

How does it take you so long, Showtime?  :huh: I did it in 45 minutes.  Is it downloading the info to the web page that takes time?

Well, the first thing I had to do was go to the picks page and put in the result of the Bucs-Colts game. Then, I had to add up everyone's W-L and points. From there I retype all that data in microsoft excel where I have it sorted, from there I have to retype all that info on the standings page. That just takes care of adding up that week's numbers. For the overall rankings, I go back into excel and where I have something like:

Mooch WK1-4 6W 5L 9P

WK5 7W 7L 9P

Total 13W 12L 18P

for everyone who has played even one week. Then when I get the total points, I have to retype all the crap on to another page, because I can't sort it the way I have it shown above. Anywho, after I have it sorted and in order I type it all on the html page.

I upload the standings, then I have to go in to the picks page, and change all the games to the next week's and delete all the previous weeks info.

Well, the first thing I had to do was go to the picks page and put in the result of the Bucs-Colts game. Then, I had to add up everyone's W-L and points. From there I retype all that data in microsoft excel where I have it sorted, from there I have to retype all that info on the standings page. That just takes care of adding up that week's numbers. For the overall rankings, I go back into excel and where I have something like:

Mooch WK1-4 6W 5L 9P

WK5      7W 7L 9P

Total  13W  12L  18P

for everyone who has played even one week. Then when I get the total points, I have to retype all the crap on to another page, because I can't sort it the way I have it shown above. Anywho, after I have it sorted and in order I type it all on the html page.

I upload the standings, then I have to go in to the picks page, and change all the games to the next week's and delete all the previous weeks info.

Well, if it helps, I can do the weekly and overall standings for you while you maintain the web site. Being in the accounting field I'm pretty good with excel. Let me know. :cheers

Well, if it helps, I can do the weekly and overall standings for you while you maintain the web site.  Being in the accounting field I'm pretty good with excel.  Let me know. :cheers

You've been holding out on me for 6 weeks now you bastard! :lol:

Nah, I'm thinking of making a shortcut soon, so it's all good. :usa

Go ahead and do it now...

I was just trying to help out and taking the info you already posted on the picks website. I don't have the time to run this whole thing and do as good a job as you do on it. If you want to keep posting the picks on the site and I can run the results for you, that's fine and I'm happy to do it. If you want me to butt out, that's fine too.