Trade maggs to LA?

kramer99

Maggs is not worth the money he is payed, i would only justify paying that much money to a truly dominant player and leader such as Bonds.  I think that if Maggs was traded that would free up money to keep a solid core of players like Carlos Lee and Frank Thomas,

Maggs doesnt worth that money??????? Who worth???? Frank ??? :rolleyes: :bang

Maggs is team first guy and he shows it all year and you wanna keep Frank???

That's ridiculous...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maggs is not worth the money he is payed, i would only justify paying that much money to a truly dominant player and leader such as Bonds.  I think that if Maggs was traded that would free up money to keep a solid core of players like Carlos Lee and Frank Thomas,

That's ridiculous...

Rafa, in today's "market" Magglio is not worth $14 Million when that will amount to 25% (or more) of the teams payroll.

To think you would get a slew of prospects, and have someone take Magglio's salary is a pipedream of the greatest proportions. If you want prospects, you will have to pick up some of his salary, if not most. If you want full salary relief, you will get a 2nd or 3rd tier prospect at best for him. The White Sox could ill afford the backlash from that, so he'll probably play out his contract here.

That's ridiculous...

Rafa, in today's "market" Magglio is not worth $14 Million when that will amount to 25% (or more) of the teams payroll.

If Maggs go, IMO, this team is over...

You van get much better players than Izturis, Quantrill and Perez! Perez would just get rocked in the AL.

GEt Maggs' money and give the salary that Frank wants is ignorant.

The only way I make this deal is if the White Sox get Kaz Ishii, or Odalis Perez along with Mota, and a a couple of highly touted prospects.

CWSOX45

I disagree. Here is how you have to look at it. Not only would the Sox be getting Mota and 2 very good prospects, but they would be saving 13M/yr(Mota makes about 1M/yr). So you can invest that 13M/yr into getting Cabrera and Castillo. So in the end you can think of it like this:

Maggs

for

Mota

2 very good prospects

Castillo

Cabrera

If you won't take that deal then you are crazy. The Sox probably wont get more then 2 or 3 good prospects for Maggs, ESPECIALLY if they want the team they are trading him too to pay his entire salary. Like I mentioned before, be careful with taking LA pitchers. They pitch in the friendliest pitchers park in the game, and it is always wise to check their home and away splits, because their away numbers are more likely then their home or overall numbers. LA pitchers dont have a good track record after leaving LA. I would rather have Mota and 2 very good prospects.

I have to disagree with you as well, the White Sox first priority should be acquiring another pitcher to strenghten their rotation. The number one problem for the Sox last year was that 5th starter. Acquiring Ishii or Perez helps right away, and we don't have to wait for them to develop.

As for saving money we're already doing enough of that! Colon is as good as gone, that opens up a TON of room to sign guys already. 13 Million a year may not even be enough to sign Castillo and Cabrera.

Castillo is already making 4.5 million with the Marlins this year, and I gurantee it his price will go up because the entire league knows he's a free agent after this year.

Cabrera made 3.3 million a year and I gurantee that will go up as well.

So you see 13 million will most likely not be enough to sign both of these guys, especially if Castillo wants money like Durham did.

My suggestion would be to retain Alomar and to sign a quality shortstop like Cristian Guzman. Either that or we could wait to see who gets Kaz Ishii and make a deal for their former starter. (A La Royce Clayton)

CWSOX45

I'd pass on the deal unless the prospect your getting from the Dodgers is their young RHP...Guiterez or whatever his name is (The one who came up and pitched the last 2 or 3 weeks).

I'd be much happier getting Khalil Greene, Jake Peavy and a prospect.

I'd pass on the deal unless the prospect your getting from the Dodgers is their young RHP...Guiterez or whatever his name is (The one who came up and pitched the last 2 or 3 weeks). 

Great minds think alike.

Great minds think alike.

Yep...Dodgers system is barren. I want good prospects/players from a good system. Khalil Greene is a very good 2nd/ss prospect who is ready for the show right now. Peavy could come in and be a very cheap very competent 5th starter as he develops into a better pitcher, and folks he has all the stuff to become an ace or a good #2.

Then your 3rd prospect could be one of the pads vets (Not really a prospect, but if they want to unload someone to fit then thats cool) or a solid prospect in AA or so. I don't know a ton about their system, I know they have like Ben Howard who has kind of fallen out of love, but has great stuff.

I don't know Itzuris that well and am not making a prediction whatsoever with this comment, but at one time, Ozzie Smith was a "younger version of Rey Ordonez".

LOL....Rex, do you maybe have this backwards???

Don't you mean that Rey Ordonez was at one point described as "a young Ozzie Smith"?

...Ozzie's a little older than Rey... ;)

Great minds think alike.

Yep...Dodgers system is barren. I want good prospects/players from a good system. Khalil Greene is a very good 2nd/ss prospect who is ready for the show right now. Peavy could come in and be a very cheap very competent 5th starter as he develops into a better pitcher, and folks he has all the stuff to become an ace or a good #2.

Then your 3rd prospect could be one of the pads vets (Not really a prospect, but if they want to unload someone to fit then thats cool) or a solid prospect in AA or so. I don't know a ton about their system, I know they have like Ben Howard who has kind of fallen out of love, but has great stuff.

Would Towers be willing to sacrifice Greene? I mean they already have their big name now with Brian Giles in San Diego.

I would do it, Greene could be our shortstop for a very long time.

CWSOX45

Great minds think alike.

Would Towers be willing to sacrifice Greene? I mean they already have their big name now with Brian Giles in San Diego.

CWSOX45

and outfield with maggs/Giles in it can carry an offense. The question is how much money are the pads willing to spend. Cause they still need pitching and would they give up Peavy?

If they don't, would they give up 2 or 3 of their stud arms down in the minors...afterall they've already given up Oliver Perez.

I think Greene is available, especially with the Pads having Jake Gatreau.

To me it would either be the deal as I proposed above: Greene, Peavy, mid level prospect

OR if they are unwilling to move Peavy

Greene, Nady, Top Prospect Pitcher, Pretty damn good pitching prospect.

Great minds think alike.

CWSOX45

and outfield with maggs/Giles in it can carry an offense. The question is how much money are the pads willing to spend. Cause they still need pitching and would they give up Peavy?

If they don't, would they give up 2 or 3 of their stud arms down in the minors...afterall they've already given up Oliver Perez.

To me it would either be the deal as I proposed above: Greene, Peavy, mid level prospect

You then use Nady as bait to land a starting pitcher from elsewhere, potentially Javier Vazquez if you want or someone else.

"To think you would get a slew of prospects, and have someone take Magglio's salary is a pipedream of the greatest proportions. If you want prospects, you will have to pick up some of his salary, if not most. If you want full salary relief, you will get a 2nd or 3rd tier prospect at best for him. The White Sox could ill afford the backlash from that, so he'll probably play out his contract here."

I think you are wrong on this. If you trade Maggs to BIG MARKET TEAM(ie NYY, NYM, Boston, LA) who have the flexibility to add payroll, than you can certainly get a couple of good prospects WHILE getting rid of his salary. Case in point is Giles being traded to San Diego. Giles is a similar player to Maggs talent and contract wise, and Pittsburgh got a couple of good young players/prospects WHILE not having to pay any of Giles contract. Even with Maggs big contract his value is still very high, and if you look at the history of trading big contract hitters for prospects you will see that they ALMOST NEVER pick up part of the contract, so it is ANYTHING but I pipedream AND very realistic. As this offseason goes on I really think trading Maggs is a greater possibility.

"I have to disagree with you as well, the White Sox first priority should be acquiring another pitcher to strenghten their rotation. The number one problem for the Sox last year was that 5th starter. Acquiring Ishii or Perez helps right away, and we don't have to wait for them to develop."

In all likelyhood Colon will NOT resign with the Sox, and the Sox will go after a second-tier starting pitcher through trade of FA. As far as the 5th spot goes, that will be solved from within. Thats why Shoey was acquired. His numbers as a starter aren't great(8-10 5.20 ERA average year) but is a SIGNIFICANT improvement over the production the Sox got in 2003(3-11 6.75 ERA). You have to raise a red flag when looking at LA pitchers. Perez and Ishii both have SIGNIFICANTLY higher ERA's on the road, than at home in pitcher friendly Dodger Stadium(Ishii 3.12 home ERA 4.70 away ERA; Perez 2.73 home ERA 5.59 away ERA). I really think that if they pitched in Commisky AND in the AL you would see a total ERA close to their road averages, which isn't good, especially for the money they are making. No thanks to Perez or Ishii.

"As for saving money we're already doing enough of that! Colon is as good as gone, that opens up a TON of room to sign guys already."

You really dont understand the economics of baseball and the financial contraints that the Sox have if you make a statement like above. Last years starting payroll was around 51M(give or take a M) and reports say that it will only increase marginally, which means that a 55M payroll is likely and probably no higher then 60M. The 9M/yr that the Sox save without Colon with go to salary increases AND still wont be enough to cover them all:

Maggs 03' 9M - 04' 14M(increase of 5M)

Konerko 03' 6M - 04' 8M(increase of 2M)

Thomas 03' 5M - 04' 6M, 8M, FA(increase of 1M, 3M, or he is gone)

Koch 03' 4M - 04' 6M(increase of 2M)

Loiaza 03' 500K - 04' 3.5M(assuming they pick up the option increase of 3M)

Arbitration eligible players

Buehrle 03' 500K - 04' 3M(likely increase of about 2.5M)

Lee 03' 4M - 04' 6M(likely increase of about 2M)

Garland 03' 400K - 04" 1M(likely increas of 600K)

When you add the salary increase and likely increases through arbitration it comes to an increase of about 17M(not including Thomas). So subtract Colon's 9M/yr from the 51M payroll and you get 42M, but then increase that total by the 17M in increases and you are at 59M, which is probably more then the final payroll will end up being. The point is that even if Colon doesn't sign the Sox certainly don't have financial flexibility. If you get rid of Maggs and his 14M/yr and dont receive any big contracts in return that will give you about 12-14M/yr to play with, otherwise the Sox are pretty restricted in the things they can do financially.

"13 Million a year may not even be enough to sign Castillo and Cabrera.

Castillo is already making 4.5 million with the Marlins this year, and I gurantee it his price will go up because the entire league knows he's a free agent after this year.

So you see 13 million will most likely not be enough to sign both of these guys, especially if Castillo wants money like Durham did."

I think 13M will be enough to sign both. I think Castillo could be had for about 7M/yr, which is a pretty drastic increase of 2.5M/yr on his current contract. Anything more then 8M/yr for Castillo and you are overpaying, so I doubt that he will get more then that.

I think Cabrera will get around 6M/yr, which is almost double his current salary. His inconsistancy and the fact that Tejada and Matsui are above him on the depth chart will probably drive down his asking price, and he could be had for around 5M/yr because of it.

I certainly think around 13M will be enough to sign bother Castillo and Cabrera.

"quality shortstop like Cristian Guzman."

Minnesota has a option with Guzman and reports say they will exercise it or give him a new contract, so he isn't available at the current moment, although I think he would be a decent option if he does become available(as long as he doesn't want more they 4M/yr).

"I don't know Itzuris that well and am not making a prediction whatsoever with this comment, but at one time, Ozzie Smith was a "younger version of Rey Ordonez"."

I understand the concept, but I am going to nitpick and say that Ozzie Smith came before Ordonez, therefore he could have never been a younger version of Rey Ordonez. I also think Ozzie Smith is one of the most OVERRATED players in the game. His antics and great D, made up for a below average offensive player(a .262 career average is not good). Izturis is similar to Smith, although he doesn't have the antics to draw as much attention. Also, Smith drew a healthy number of walks and stole a good amount of bases. Izturis has yet to show he can do either and hasn't shown improvement that would lead you to believe that he is going to get better in either catogory. Have have seen Izturis play quite a bit living on the west coast, and my advice would be to stay away from him. He has also been OVERHYPED as a prospect and will never amount to a good everyday SS.

Well to shoot the LA theory out of the sky, they are not allowed to add a penny of payroll without getting rid of something in exchange.  Why do you think they only got crap at the trading deadline?

Everything I have read has said that the Dodgers will be players this offseason.

They aren't really paying Burnitz or Ventura anything so those losses won't be huge, but they are losing Andy Ashby's contract (at like 6 or 7 mill) as well as McGriffs at like 4 mill.

Thats about 10 mill they are dumping and for some reason I thought they lose someone elses...oh wait, Brian Jordan at like 10 mill, so thats 20 mill that they spent last year that they will have available.

Will they spend all of it? Who knows, but I know Evans plans on using most of it. And their have been talks that the payroll may even go up, but odds are it will stay the same. I don't think they have many players getting raises in their contracts, other then the fact that they may go longterm with Gagne, which will cost a fortune.

They are looking to move Brown/Green although I don't think they will find any takers. After this season, they lose more bad contracts, such as Todd Hundleys.

They will add at least one big bat.

"I'd be much happier getting Khalil Greene, Jake Peavy and a prospect."

San Diego isn't a realistic option for Maggs. They just traded for a power hitting outfielder in Giles, so why would they add a similar player when they can use the 14M/yr(Maggs salary) to fill other holes. LA is the most likely destination for Maggs if he is traded.

"Yep...Dodgers system is barren. I want good prospects/players from a good system."

The Dodger system might not be one of the tops in the game, but it is far from barren. There are a couple very good pitching prospects that will be in the upper minors next year: Miller, Guiterez(although I dont think he pitched in the majors last year), and Hanrahan. They also have a good amount of position player prospects: Loney - a powerful 1B with good plate disipline, Abyar - a solid 3B that lead their league in Fielding %, Thurston - ready for the majors and could be an everyday 2B, Young - might be the gem of their system and is a talented middle infielder coming off a GREAT year. If the Sox got Mota, one of the pitching prospects, and one of the position prospects, than they would be a great trade(when you factor in the 13M/yr they are saving as well) and you probably wont get much more from any other team(including Sad Diego who isnt going to part with Greene anyways).

"I'd be much happier getting Khalil Greene, Jake Peavy and a prospect."

San Diego isn't a realistic option for Maggs. They just traded for a power hitting outfielder in Giles, so why would they add a similar player when they can use the 14M/yr(Maggs salary) to fill other holes. LA is the most likely destination for Maggs if he is traded.

"Yep...Dodgers system is barren. I want good prospects/players from a good system."

The Dodger system might not be one of the tops in the game, but it is far from barren. There are a couple very good pitching prospects that will be in the upper minors next year: Miller, Guiterez(although I dont think he pitched in the majors last year), and Hanrahan. They also have a good amount of position player prospects: Loney - a powerful 1B with good plate disipline, Abyar - a solid 3B that lead their league in Fielding %, Thurston - ready for the majors and could be an everyday 2B, Young - might be the gem of their system and is a talented middle infielder coming off a GREAT year. If the Sox got Mota, one of the pitching prospects, and one of the position prospects, than they would be a great trade(when you factor in the 13M/yr they are saving as well) and you probably wont get much more from any other team(including Sad Diego who isnt going to part with Greene anyways).

I don't have a problem with the idea if the Sox landed Mota, their top pitching prospect (I thought it was Guiterez but maybe I'm thinking of someone else. The kid came up and beat Randy Johnson in his first game. He spent most of the season in AA). And then were able to get Joe Thurston, then I'd be happy.

The big reason is with Maggs money you can invest it in other areas. I still think that after dealing Maggs, the Sox would then have to go out and move Konerko/Koch or get one of them to restructure. I think if this team is going to compete at a 55-60 mill payroll, then one of Koch/Konerko has to be moved as well as Magglio. I think Magglio is a winner, but I don't see this team competing with him making 14 mill a year.

Now if the Sox get him to go longterm and it drops his per year total just a bit more then Giles, then its another story.

Heres the one dillema if your the sox. You can't sign Castillo/Cabrerra thinking your going to move Maggs. The Sox wouldn't take the risk of getting stuck with a huge payroll, so they would first have to move Maggs and then go out and do that. So if KW is going to do something along those lines, he is going to have to be very quick to pull of some deals that cut some big salaries to allow him to get room to get some different type of players here.

I know one thing, if you keep the pitching staff together and keep a good bullpen, then this team will compete.

Well to shoot the LA theory out of the sky, they are not allowed to add a penny of payroll without getting rid of something in exchange.  Why do you think they only got crap at the trading deadline?

They have the potential to lose a TON of salary this offseason. Ashby and his 8.5M are likely gone, Burnitz and his 12M are likely gone(although I don't know how much they paid of that), McGriff and his 3.75M are likely gone, Ventura and his 5M are likely gone(see Burnitz), and IF they got Maggs they would probably let Jordan and his 9.6M go. LA's payroll(including the full salaries of Burnitz and Ventura on ESPN) is just short of 116M, but they have the potential to lose about 39M making the payroll around 77M to start(not including raises from within). So I certainly think LA will be active this year and they REALLY need some offense so Maggs would be a likely target of theirs.

They have the potential to lose a TON  of salary this offseason. Ashby and his 8.5M are likely gone, Burnitz and his 12M are likely gone(although I don't know how much they paid of that),  McGriff and his 3.75M are likely gone, Ventura and his 5M are likely gone(see Burnitz), and IF they got Maggs they would probably let Jordan and his 9.6M go. LA's payroll(including the full salaries of Burnitz and Ventura on ESPN) is just short of 116M, but they have the potential to lose about 39M making the payroll around 77M to start(not including raises from within). So I certainly think LA will be active this year and they REALLY need some offense so Maggs would be a likely target of theirs.

Well the Dodgers didn't pay Ventura or Burnitz. They paid by their previous teams. So that covers $17 million of that.

This is one article that talks about the Dodgers refusal to go over the cap.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseball/133...135_mbok31.html

Well the Dodgers didn't pay Ventura or Burnitz.  They paid by their previous teams.  So that covers $17 million of that. 

Cap is like 105 million or something like that and they will be well under that after they lose those veterans.

I was even wrong, I had Ashby making less, so they will have more like 23 million off the cap (I'm not counting Ventura or Burnitz cause they aren't paying either of them much of anything).

"To think you would get a slew of prospects, and have someone take Magglio's salary is a pipedream of the greatest proportions. If you want prospects, you will have to pick up some of his salary, if not most. If you want full salary relief, you will get a 2nd or 3rd tier prospect at best for him. The White Sox could ill afford the backlash from that, so he'll probably play out his contract here."

I think you are wrong on this. If you trade Maggs to BIG MARKET TEAM(ie NYY, NYM, Boston, LA) who have the flexibility to add payroll, than you can certainly get a couple of good prospects WHILE getting rid of his salary. Case in point is Giles being traded to San Diego. Giles is a similar player to Maggs talent and contract wise, and Pittsburgh got a couple of good young players/prospects WHILE not having to pay any of Giles contract. Even with Maggs big contract his value is still very high, and if you look at the history of trading big contract hitters for prospects you will see that they ALMOST NEVER pick up part of the contract, so it is ANYTHING but I pipedream AND very realistic. As this offseason goes on I really think trading Maggs is a greater possibility.

"I have to disagree with you as well, the White Sox first priority should be acquiring another pitcher to strenghten their rotation. The number one problem for the Sox last year was that 5th starter. Acquiring Ishii or Perez helps right away, and we don't have to wait for them to develop."

In all likelyhood Colon will NOT resign with the Sox, and the Sox will go after a second-tier starting pitcher through trade of FA. As far as the 5th spot goes, that will be solved from within. Thats why Shoey was acquired. His numbers as a starter aren't great(8-10 5.20 ERA average year) but is a SIGNIFICANT improvement over the production the Sox got in 2003(3-11 6.75 ERA). You have to raise a red flag when looking at LA pitchers. Perez and Ishii both have SIGNIFICANTLY higher ERA's on the road, than at home in pitcher friendly Dodger Stadium(Ishii 3.12 home ERA 4.70 away ERA; Perez 2.73 home ERA 5.59 away ERA). I really think that if they pitched in Commisky AND in the AL you would see a total ERA close to their road averages, which isn't good, especially for the money they are making. No thanks to Perez or Ishii.

"As for saving money we're already doing enough of that! Colon is as good as gone, that opens up a TON of room to sign guys already."

You really dont understand the economics of baseball and the financial contraints that the Sox have if you make a statement like above. Last years starting payroll was around 51M(give or take a M) and reports say that it will only increase marginally, which means that a 55M payroll is likely and probably no higher then 60M. The 9M/yr that the Sox save without Colon with go to salary increases AND still wont be enough to cover them all:

Maggs 03' 9M - 04' 14M(increase of 5M)

Konerko 03' 6M - 04' 8M(increase of 2M)

Thomas 03' 5M - 04' 6M, 8M, FA(increase of 1M, 3M, or he is gone)

Koch 03' 4M - 04' 6M(increase of 2M)

Loiaza 03' 500K - 04' 3.5M(assuming they pick up the option increase of 3M)

Arbitration eligible players

Buehrle 03' 500K - 04' 3M(likely increase of about 2.5M)

Lee 03' 4M - 04' 6M(likely increase of about 2M)

Garland 03' 400K - 04" 1M(likely increas of 600K)

When you add the salary increase and likely increases through arbitration it comes to an increase of about 17M(not including Thomas). So subtract Colon's 9M/yr from the 51M payroll and you get 42M, but then increase that total by the 17M in increases and you are at 59M, which is probably more then the final payroll will end up being. The point is that even if Colon doesn't sign the Sox certainly don't have financial flexibility. If you get rid of Maggs and his 14M/yr and dont receive any big contracts in return that will give you about 12-14M/yr to play with, otherwise the Sox are pretty restricted in the things they can do financially.

"13 Million a year may not even be enough to sign Castillo and Cabrera.

So you see 13 million will most likely not be enough to sign both of these guys, especially if Castillo wants money like Durham did."

I think 13M will be enough to sign both. I think Castillo could be had for about 7M/yr, which is a pretty drastic increase of 2.5M/yr on his current contract. Anything more then 8M/yr for Castillo and you are overpaying, so I doubt that he will get more then that.

I think Cabrera will get around 6M/yr, which is almost double his current salary. His inconsistancy and the fact that Tejada and Matsui are above him on the depth chart will probably drive down his asking price, and he could be had for around 5M/yr because of it.

I certainly think around 13M will be enough to sign bother Castillo and Cabrera.

"quality shortstop like Cristian Guzman."

Minnesota has a option with Guzman and reports say they will exercise it or give him a new contract, so he isn't available at the current moment, although I think he would be a decent option if he does become available(as long as he doesn't want more they 4M/yr).

"I don't know Itzuris that well and am not making a prediction whatsoever with this comment, but at one time, Ozzie Smith was a "younger version of Rey Ordonez"."

I understand the concept, but I am going to nitpick and say that Ozzie Smith came before Ordonez, therefore he could have never been a younger version of Rey Ordonez. I also think Ozzie Smith is one of the most OVERRATED players in the game. His antics and great D, made up for a below average offensive player(a .262 career average is not good). Izturis is similar to Smith, although he doesn't have the antics to draw as much attention. Also, Smith drew a healthy number of walks and stole a good amount of bases. Izturis has yet to show he can do either and hasn't shown improvement that would lead you to believe that he is going to get better in either catogory. Have have seen Izturis play quite a bit living on the west coast, and my advice would be to stay away from him. He has also been OVERHYPED as a prospect and will never amount to a good everyday SS.

Giles contract is MUCH more attractive than Magglio's. Cheaper and longer. The prospects given up where nowhere near what everyone is talking about Ordonez. Look at what the Sox were able to get Colon with . He had 1 year and $8.5 million left. 1 year and $14 million is going to get you a heck of a lot less.

Well the Dodgers didn't pay Ventura or Burnitz.  They paid by their previous teams.  So that covers $17 million of that. 

Yes, but that 116M INCLUDES the full amount of Burnitz's and Ventura's salaries, so if you didn't include them to begin with the starting payroll would be 99M. Either way you get the same answer.

"Giles contract is MUCH more attractive than Magglio's. Cheaper and longer. The prospects given up where nowhere near what everyone is talking about Ordonez. Look at what the Sox were able to get Colon with . He had 1 year and $8.5 million left. 1 year and $14 million is going to get you a heck of a lot less."

1 year longer and a LITTLE doesn't make Giles MUCH more attractive than Maggs. The prospects Pittsburgh got were very good. Perez was arguable their top pitching prospect. He has dynomite stuff from the left side and is already pitching in the majors at 22. Bay is a top outfield prospect, plus they got another player. That 2 very good prospects and another player. What was my purposal from LA? 2 very good prospects and Mota. I don't know about you but that seems very realistic.

Great minds think alike.

CWSOX45

You then use Nady as bait to land a starting pitcher from elsewhere, potentially Javier Vazquez if you want or someone else.

I remember when Peavy made his major league debut, struck out a huge number I can't remember what it was. Xavier Nady is a solid player too, along with Khalil Greene. Is Montreal looking to deal Vazquez in the off-season?

CWSOX45