Pennecillin

The Beast

what exactly does pennecillin do that is so great?

Kills infections and it WORKS...............I have had a urinary infection and recently an infected tooth. IT works. Only side effect is it makes you groggy. For future reference, Look this kind of thing up on the net. You can find info about almost anything.

Kills infections and it WORKS...............I have had a urinary infection and recently an infected tooth.  IT works.  Only side effect is it makes you groggy. For future reference, Look this kind of thing up on the net.  You can find info about almost anything.

I was given two different strengths of penecillon for my urinary infection that started about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Neither worked, and the urologist is now just hoping that with time it goes away, but penecillon usually works like a charm.

You are definately right about the grogginess.

I was given two different strengths of penecillon for my urinary infection that started about 3 or 4 weeks ago.  Neither worked, and the urologist is now just hoping that with time it goes away, but penecillon usually works like a charm.

Due to people not using anitibiotics as directed, we are getting more and more infectuous strains that are getting harder and harder to kill. There are a few out there that the "big gun" antibiotics won't even touch now. Most people stop taking the drugs once all signs of the infection disappear, but they infection is not completely killed off. This allows them to mutate and build up a resistance to the antibiotics. It's important that presriptions are taken as instructed, even if you are smarter than your doctor or pharmacist.

I was given two different strengths of penecillon for my urinary infection that started about 3 or 4 weeks ago.  Neither worked, and the urologist is now just hoping that with time it goes away, but penecillon usually works like a charm.

Due to people not using anitibiotics as directed, we are getting more and more infectuous strains that are getting harder and harder to kill. There are a few out there that the "big gun" antibiotics won't even touch now. Most people stop taking the drugs once all signs of the infection disappear, but they infection is not completely killed off. This allows them to mutate and build up a resistance to the antibiotics. It's important that presriptions are taken as instructed, even if you are smarter than your doctor or pharmacist.

Exactly. I do have something to add. IF you have side effects to the meds your doc gives you, MAKE SURE you get him to get you a new one. Dont just give up...........if he says take something for 7 days, 3 days is NOT enough :nono

Exactly. I do have something to add. IF you have side effects to the meds your doc gives you, MAKE SURE you get him to get you a new one. Dont just give up...........if he says take something for 7 days, 3 days is NOT enough :nono

Ok, we've done our public service announcement for the day. :lol: