Mets looking for catchers

bmags

2 hours ago, bmags said:

I would like to trade wellington.

Which two (maybe three?) of the following could the White Sox get from them for Castillo or Narvaez:

SS Andres Gimenez

1B Peter Alonso

OF Jarred Kelenic

SS Ronny Mauricio

LHP David Peterson

RHP Justin Dunn

3B Mark Vientos

RHP Franklyn Kilome

OF Desmond Lindsay

LHP Anthony Kay

LHP Thomas Szapucki

C Francisco Alvarez

1 minute ago, Dam8610 said:

Which two (maybe three?) of the following could the White Sox get from them for Castillo or Narvaez:

SS Andres Gimenez

1B Peter Alonso

OF Jarred Kelenic

SS Ronny Mauricio

LHP David Peterson

RHP Justin Dunn

3B Mark Vientos

RHP Franklyn Kilome

OF Desmond Lindsay

LHP Anthony Kay

LHP Thomas Szapucki

C Francisco Alvarez

I don't really know many of those names, the names I know I would say are not realistic, I would guess castillo would net an 11-20 prospect and a 30-50 prospect in a system like the mets.

20 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don't really know many of those names, the names I know I would say are not realistic, I would guess castillo would net an 11-20 prospect and a 30-50 prospect in a system like the mets.

Mets system seems pretty thin to me at first glance, not that Castillo would have tremendous trade value or anything

13 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Mets system seems pretty thin to me at first glance, not that Castillo would have tremendous trade value or anything

Now that Smith is gone, I'd just hold onto Castillo.  Narvaez is a fine part-time, maybe even majority share of a platoon guy, but I'd prefer to have another playable option along with him due to fairly terrible D.  I was all for shipping Castillo out before we lost Smith, but now I think the Sox are content to roll with Castillo/Narvaez platoon for 2019.  

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Now that Smith is gone, I'd just hold onto Castillo.  Narvaez is a fine part-time, maybe even majority share of a platoon guy, but I'd prefer to have another playable option along with him due to fairly terrible D.  I was all for shipping Castillo out before we lost Smith, but now I think the Sox are content to roll with Castillo/Narvaez platoon for 2019.  

Agreed. I think we roll with Castillo/Narvaez for 2019 and then evaluate. I don't think Zavala or Collins will be ready until late in the season.

7 hours ago, beautox said:

Id rather trade Castillo as catching is so thin and sign Ellis to back Narvaez with Seby down in AAA.

I think a Sanchez + Castillo for Jon Gray is realistic.

Why would a team give up something of value to trade for a more expensive catcher when that team could just sign Ellis themselves?

Colorado has some young  catchers already, they didn't do anything in the big leagues last year, I could talk myself  into believing that Narvaez would actually have some good value to them given how he produced last year, but Castillo?

• Like 1