40 Man Roster Changes

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Sounds like a promising addition.

May as well add him.  Can always remove him later and nothing is lost.  Could also trade him or include him a bigger trade if the Sox think he has some value to other clubs. I don't find the move surprising at all.  

16 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

May as well add him.  Can always remove him later and nothing is lost.  Could also trade him or include him a bigger trade if the Sox think he has some value to other clubs. I don't find the move surprising at all.  

I agree, I’m still pretty high on Stephens and would have been surprised if he wasn’t protected.  I do think his future is probably in the bullpen due to a lack of durability.  As long as the velocity picks up a couple ticks that should work fine.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I agree, I’m still pretty high on Stephens and would have been surprised if he wasn’t protected.  I do think his future is probably in the bullpen due to a lack of durability.  As long as the velocity picks up a couple ticks that should work fine.

And he is behind at least 10 people for that slot as well, probably more as other guys move through the system.