Heyman on Mets Shopping Syndergaard

bmags

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

With what was paid for Quintana and for Sale, SOMEONE out there will offer more for Thor if SD won't put its top guys into a deal.  A team like the Astros could easily out offer them for example.

Yeah Whitley + not even Tucker catapaults them ahead.

On 11/28/2018 at 1:47 PM, bmags said:

If the Mets trade Syndegaard and don't get back a tatis or gore than ...well this is agent to GM pipeline keeps getting worse

On 11/28/2018 at 1:59 PM, southsider2k5 said:

With what was paid for Quintana and for Sale, SOMEONE out there will offer more for Thor if SD won't put its top guys into a deal.  A team like the Astros could easily out offer them for example.

The Padres have SO much solid prospect depth though. I think there’s a potential for a trade like that to make sense for the Mets that includes like 6 prospects. 

3 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

The Padres have SO much solid prospect depth though. I think there’s a potential for a trade like that to make sense for the Mets that includes like 6 prospects. 

If you were the Mets, wouldn't you prefer 2 elite guys to 6 mid-level guys?

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Of course, but if those two elite guys aren't available, as Heyman is suggesting, there is enough quality In their second tier that you could still make a good quantity deal. 

And with the Mets system as bad as it is, I don’t know, it might be a unique opportunity to infuse a lot of talent. 

Edited by Eminor3rd

3 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Of course, but if those two elite guys aren't available, as Heyman is suggesting, there is enough quality In their second tier that you could still make a good quantity deal. 

And with the Mets system as bad as it is, I don’t know, it might be a unique opportunity to infuse a lot of talent. 

If you were the Mets and you couldn't get 2 elite guys now...wouldn't you wait for the trade deadline instead?

26 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

I will be honest, seeing what the Mets are doing, I have no idea what the hell they are thinking, so who knows.

7 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

If you were the Mets and you couldn't get 2 elite guys now...wouldn't you wait for the trade deadline instead?

Eh, yeah probably. Unless I was afraid of his medicals or attitude or something. Which the Mets very well may be, given that his agent is now their GM. 

And, since they're shopping NS but making DeGrom untouchable, it makes you wonder.

The Mets make no sense whatsoever. It sucks to be living in the shadow of the Yankees though. They're doing 2014-16 White Sox shit. I don't think it is a coincidence that the Sox, Mets, and Angels often do things that make no sense. They all feel like they have pressure to compete ASAP with the other team in town a yearly juggernaut. Don't be surprised if the Sox do some things that don't make sense this winter either. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

13 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Yes. According to fangraphs one 60fv (top10 overall) is worth 2 50s (50-100 on top100) or about 10 45s (org 8-15).

You would need 20 40s (worth 3m) to match one 60 in projected dollar value.

That is why the quantity packages that fans love to suggest usually don't work to get a top target, teams want the top prospect rather than big quantity.

6 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Mets make no sense whatsoever. It sucks to be living in the shadow of the Yankees though. They're doing 2014-16 White Sox shit. I don't think it is a coincidence that the Sox, Mets, and Angels often do things that make no sense. They all feel like they have pressure to compete ASAP with the other team in town a yearly juggernaut. Don't be surprised if the Sox do some things that don't make sense this winter either. 

Eh, the White Sox ripped the roster down to the studs and rebuilt the farm and the young core. Now, they’re ready to start adding because the waves of talent is coming up. 

Just now, Sockin said:

Reports are that even with this they are still going to move him. 

I hope this means that the mets are going to eliminate the idea of starting pitchers, but more likely it just means this new gm is an idiot.

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

I hope this means that the mets are going to eliminate the idea of starting pitchers, but more likely it just means this new gm is an idiot.

I think he wants to move him with the idea that they can get a few young MLB ready players on the roster. Kind of like the idea of the Indians dangling Bauer out there.