Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

32 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

When it comes to current sports news, Dave Vassegh is the man you want to talk to. He has worked in and around Los Angeles for years doing exactly what he does now which is provide people with the latest sports news. He is somewhat of a sports gossip, if you will, but would likely rather be called a sports news guru of some sort. 

In any case, Dave Vassegh is the guy that people come to when they need information. His sources and investigative reporting skills are incredible and he has a great reputation for providing accurate information. In fact, he often has the information far before anyone else. Therefore, he is not only a great asset to AM 570 Radio, but to everyone else in the world that uses his services. 

The best thing about Dave Vassegh is that even though he is a provider of current sports news, he is also a sports broadcaster that is willing to give an opinion as well. The thing is that with Dave Vassegh, you can tell that the truth and his opinions don’t mix as much as they might with other sports broadcasters. So, essentially, he gives the information and allows you to process it and make your own choices about it. Then he lays out his thoughts so that they don’t really influence the listeners completely. Having the talent to do this is rare, but Dave Vassegh has that talent and uses it daily.

What in the wild, wild, world of sports has Caulfield gone minature for?

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

It's funny, sox fans are shitting all over Levine but he is likely carrying out exactly the picture Chicago wants him to carry out publicly

I think it's 50/50 whether Levine was unknowingly leaking false info the Sox wanted him to or if he was just pouty and crapping on the team because he doesn't like when they're mentioned positively. Either way, he's a horribly biased journalist who has historically had bad info.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Don't get excited yet.  We don't have the 15 national sources confirming this.

Let's see if the posters who bought Clark's tweet is jumping on this one.

Knowing Soxtalk, any source of Sox failure is legit and Hahn should be fired, any sources with positive updates aren't credible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Also it is less likely this rumor is a plant by agents. The guy basically covered this for less than a minute on the radio before switching topics, and he clearly said he's not big on twitter discussions. It I am leaking this with intentions, I wouldn't have gone to him.

Yup, there is clearly no agenda here, it really comes down to whether or not the player he talked to would be privy to Machado’s current thinking.  Obviously there is no way of knowing that, but it’s better than said player saying he’s going to the Yankees or Phillies.

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Don't get excited yet.  We don't have the 15 national sources confirming this.

If this is someone ripping people who questioned Dan Clark, this guy did not say it was 100% happening, that press conferences were being planned, etc.  He simply said he talked to a player who thinks Manny is choosing is the Sox.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

If this is someone ripping people who questioned Dan Clark, this guy did not say it was 100% happening, that press conferences were being planned, etc.  He simply said he talked to a player who thinks Manny is choosing is the Sox.

Dan Clark and this guy don't even belong in the same sentence, as journalists. One has a track record and presents information in a mature and rational way, the other has a poor track record and whines and pouts when people don't believe him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Dan Clark and this guy don't even belong in the same sentence, as journalists. One has a track record and presents information in a mature and rational way, the other has a poor track record and whines and pouts when people don't believe him

100% agree.  One is a blogger from Australia with questionable player relationships, while the other is a legit beat reporter with proven access to players, coaches, & front office types.  One is definitely not like the other.

20 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Let's see if the posters who bought Clark's tweet is jumping on this one.

Knowing Soxtalk, any source of Sox failure is legit and Hahn should be fired, any sources with positive updates aren't credible.

There are a few that have that agenda.

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Your quote is isn't quite right. He didn't say a player thinks he is choosing the Sox, like he is decided. He said Manny is thinking about choosing the Sox, implying he hasn't decided but is contemplating it. Big difference.

Edited by ptatc

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Your quote is isn't quite right. He didn't say a player thinks he is choosing the Sox, like he is decided. He said Manny is thinking about choosing the Sox, implying he hasn't decided but is contemplating it. Big difference.

Yes he did. He said the person thinks he's signing with the Sox. 

The exact quote is "Oh and by the way I talked to somebody today who is very close to Machado and they think he is signing with the White Sox."

Edited by Sockin
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but am confused how my post is saying anything differently.  Apologize if my wording suggests otherwise.

8 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I don't think this is correct. He said a player thinks he IS choosing the Sox. 

4 minutes ago, Sockin said:

The exact quote is "Oh and by the way I talked to somebody today who is very close to Machado and they think he is signing with the White Sox."

That’s how I took it, that player believes he will choose the White Sox not that he has.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but am confused how my post is saying anything differently.  Apologize if my wording suggests otherwise.

I wouldn't read too much into this podcast. I'm not ragging on the source by any means, but it seems far from concrete. Of course Machado is "considering" the White Sox, just like he is considering the Yankees/Phillies/etc. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

This is putting together a few tweets, but sounds like Heyman was just on WFAN and said Yanks and Phillies hadn't made official offers to Manny as of a few days ago and that he doubts the Sox get him.

The term "official offers" is so subjective.  Its completely feasible that no team but that team that signs any player ever gives an "official offer".  Like, of course a fully negotiated executable contract isn't extended until you know the player is signing with your club.  

There is a zero percent chance that legitimate offers have not been made to Machado at this point.  He just needs to agree to a contract in principle, and then the actual contract is drawn up, making it "official". 

12 minutes ago, Sockin said:

It must be misquoted on the previous page then. That quote is "je is thinking of choosing the White Sox."

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

The term "official offers" is so subjective.  Its completely feasible that no team but that team that signs any player ever gives an "official offer".  Like, of course a fully negotiated executable contract isn't extended until you know the player is signing with your club.  

There is a zero percent chance that legitimate offers have not been made to Machado at this point.  He just needs to agree to a contract in principle, and then the actual contract is drawn up, making it "official". 

My guess is an official offer would outline all the underlying details & key terms.  Right now they’re probably still negotiating high level figures because that’s what is important.