Stock Market Talk

sox4lifeinPA

Hey Mike, do you know anything about the company, Rio tinto? AMEX symbol (RTP)

I've followed it for years...love it. It's a gold mining company I believe...boy I wish I would have had money 3 years ago when it was at like 60-70 a share.... :bang

Don't follow stocks as much as I used to when I worked on the floor of the options exchange. Now I work in the futures markets and actually deal a lot with gold futures among other things. I know gold prices have really been pushing upwards, putting pressure on breaking $400/oz. That is a big number right now for them. If it goes through that, it has some big upside to go.

I don't know if i'll ever have the money to invest...(please God make social security privatized!)

I like following that stuff...gives me some insight on the world and cures the boredom. I just fake a portfolio and purchase stocks with pretend money. I buy the stock at the previous days close and watch how my investments turn out. I've made 300 bucks since yesterday. woohoo!

I don't know if i'll ever have the money to invest...(please God make social security privatized!)

I like following that stuff...gives me some insight on the world and cures the boredom. I just fake a portfolio and purchase stocks with pretend money. I buy the stock at the previous days close and watch how my investments turn out. I've made 300 bucks since yesterday. woohoo!

It is more acurate if you buy it based on a spot (usually 20 min old) quote off of one of the financial sites. What you should do is find a fantasy trading site and play. They do exsist, I did one for a while when I first started working in the industry, but didn't have time for it and quit doing it. Maybe I'll start again. Let me look for a site, and see what is out there...

I used to play on www.virtualstockexchange.com but it's closed now..

Most of the sites I just looked at were pay sites :angry: There used to be a million of them when the markets were way up. I used to be pretty good at day trading on there, I was always in the top 5% or so. I'd really like to trade for myself, but I have the same problem you do, I am broke <_>

broke is my middle name...

a million hobbies is my first name

I'm looking to buy a laptop, sell my guitar amps, buy a new amp, fix my car up, fly to PA in dec, ooooooh and that's just in the next 3 months...I'm hopeless