And that’s a White Sox Winner!

bmags

Nice to see the lineup up and down (for the most part) contribute.  If you squint  you can see the rebuild working on a day like today.  That said, mercy, maybe one year the White Sox will start the year with 25 guys on the roster that are actually MLB quality.  Too much dead weight on the 25 man again, with most of that coming in the form of Palka and Engel.

• Like 1

I despised acquiring Alonso but I must confess I like his approach at the plate. If he keeps this up, I will enjoy him being in the middle of the lineup.

We got what we deserved in going 1-2 in KC. The pitching overall was good. Batters not named Garcia, Sanchez and Palka had decent hitting series. Eloy didn't do much but you can tell he's going to rake. I salute McCann for today. If we had upgraded CF and 2B last winter I'd feel OK about our lineup, but we didn't. Still have black holes in Yolmer, Leury, Palka, McCann, and jury is out on Alonso. And our outfield defense is going to show up especially on the road. Can't see us winning many series on the road. GO SOX! I'll take one of three in KC; in the Cell I expect us to beat that rotten KC team 2 of 3 though.

Edited by greg775

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Nice to see the lineup up and down (for the most part) contribute.  If you squint  you can see the rebuild working on a day like today.  That said, mercy, maybe one year the White Sox will start the year with 25 guys on the roster that are actually MLB quality.  Too much dead weight on the 25 man again, with most of that coming in the form of Palka and Engel.

Leury and Yolmer are average bench players. Not starters on a contender.

Fun game to watch.  Giolito looked liked a different pitcher.  I think the hits and runs after the no-hitter was broken up were more mental.  As Stone said during the broadcast, this happens a lot.  Otherwise, his location and speed were great.  His change-up was very effective.  Hopefully we'll see a lot more of this Lucas this year.

Offensively, Abreu and Alonso look good in the middle of the lineup.  Moncada seems so much more confident this year, offensively and defensively.  His approach at the plate is much improved.

Let's hope they continue their winning ways today.