This year's schedule seems really screwed up

Greg Hibbard

TWO days off between April 12 and June 2nd (2 days off in 52 days)

and then

TEN days off between June 3rd and July 11th (not including the All Star game as a day off- 10 days off over 39 days)

Anyone else think this is really really weird? Especially as August and Sept are really "normal"

Dog Days of May, anyone?

Edited by Greg Hibbard
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mqr said:

Why they hell is there an off-day today instead of tomorrow?

Indians home opener yesterday. Same concept of why the Sox are off Friday and last Friday.

Since people are paying more to go the home opener, they wouldn't push the first game back to the day the second game is being played.

Edited by soxfan2014

The forecast is really bad for the White Sox home opener. I hope they postpone it before Thursday. The forecast is much better for Friday. They would have a better walk up crowd Friday instead of Thursday. There are thousands of unsold seats for Opening Day. They would have a better crowd Friday with the better weather.

Yeah...I don't get it at all...as usual. And all the west coast teams playing each other.  I'd rather have the team on the road for ten days or so to start out and at least be playing...but whatever.  It'll never change.

It makes sense to schedule as many division matchups early in the season because there are more opportunities to make them up later on. Actually, any opportunity to make them up without flying out to make up one game and losing an off day.

On Thursday’s game, I’ve seen a lot of folks on twitter begging the Sox to change it to Friday. To me, it would have been common sense to make the change today with 48 hours notice. It’s going to suck Thursday for the people that are there. Have fun though.

30 minutes ago, flavum said:

It makes sense to schedule as many division matchups early in the season because there are more opportunities to make them up later on. Actually, any opportunity to make them up without flying out to make up one game and losing an off day.

On Thursday’s game, I’ve seen a lot of folks on twitter begging the Sox to change it to Friday. To me, it would have been common sense to make the change today with 48 hours notice. It’s going to suck Thursday for the people that are there. Have fun though.

Makes sense. Why not use the day that will have better weather. They will get more TV viewers as well with it being Friday, I would imagine.

Would they ever change it you think?