JUST IMAGINE

poppysox

I'll settle for Eloy. Engel is what he is and he has looked decent at the plate so far. What he brings to the table is fantastic D...so I'm ok. Palka tho....geesh.  I thought he'd regress this year...but dude seems to be a different person...like he doesn't know how to handle his success (for him at this level anyway)...but doesn't know quit how to build. He missed an awful lot of spring training too.  And I'll be honest...I was at the ST game right in the front row he got hurt (2nd game on sunday against SD).  He half-assed his stretching...and that's being kind. So it's not a shocker he strained something.  He missed an awful lot of valuable time and he needs to get it together pretty quick.  And I've been one of the bigger Palka supporters. But this shit can't go on with him.

5 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

They'll move towards the back of their baseball cards, but if not, they're still not big pieces for the future.

Agreed. 

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Wait, he thinks Yolmer will improve on .048, and HE is the troll? Come on man.

Yes, they will but they are still bad players and won’t likely be a part of the next competitive Sox team.

6 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

They'll move towards the back of their baseball cards, but if not, they're still not big pieces for the future.

My point was the guys are scoring a good number of runs without much contribution from five REGULAR players on the current roster.  Most fans would have expected those five players to contribute more than they have.  I am well aware that at least 4 of them won't be on the AS team.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, poppysox said:

My point was the guys are scoring a good number of runs without much contribution from five REGULAR players on the current roster.  Most fans would have expected those five players to contribute more than they have.  I am well aware that at least 4 of them won't be on the AS team.

Oh, I understand, lol.  I'm with you man.  The White Sox kool aid

26 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Sanchez isn't going to hit 048 and Moncada isn't going to keep hitting 500.  They should probably be close to a top 10 offense, maybe.

That would be nuts.  And would be good signs for the next couple of seasons.

47 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

It’s weird to think that if Eloy gets monstery, and Rodon, Lopez & Gio throw 32 starts a piece....this is actually a wildcard contender.  Wait, what?

There are so many bad fucking teams in the AL and Central that with perfect health and Moncada putting up 8 WAR it could happen, given health from the SP.  I'd put Nova into that as well given that he actually looked to have a lively arm in his first start and might be a cromulent 4th starter.

That said, my prediction hasn't changed.  75 wins, pitching and defense is just too bad.  But 75 wins with growth from the kid position players both here and in MiLB would be a solid year.