4/6 Games

flavum

10 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Anybody else feel like this team is stacked waaaaay beyond what the pundits are saying?  

Offense seems deep but pitching has been decimated by injuries. Outside of Cease, there’s no one that is projectable.  Robert is going to put up silly numbers if he can stay healthy.

6 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yes. There's a lot of talk about the lack of infield depth but I am very intrigued by the high ceilings of Sosa, Bush, Curbelo, and Nunez. Obviously Madrigal as well but he's the one that gets praise. SP depth is really my only issue with our farm. 

Yea I agree.  I could see 5 guys or so launch their ways onto top 100 lists and a few others turn into top 20 guys.  

The SP depth does feel light.  A powerful return of Hansen would really help but yea, another 2-3 guys and the Sox would be sitting pretty. Any sleeper starters on these teams?

12 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

What happens with the AA outfield if Robert gets an early promotion?

I guess I’ll answer my own question, but perhaps Gonzalez and Rutherford on the corners, with Robert in CF. Booker would be the odd man out, and Adolfo would continue to DH. By the time he could play the field, you would hope things work themselves out. When Basabe comes back, who the hell knows what will happen. 

Is it unheard of to get promoted from A to AAA? Or would you just send somebody from Birmingham to Charlotte, even if they didn’t quite deserve it, in order to make things work?

18 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

What happens with the AA outfield if Robert gets an early promotion?

Sadly for them, who cares?  Sox have $52 million invested in Robert.  That’s more than they just gave Jimenez.  Whatever is best for his development will be done. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Yea I agree.  I could see 5 guys or so launch their ways onto top 100 lists and a few others turn into top 20 guys.  

The SP depth does feel light.  A powerful return of Hansen would really help but yea, another 2-3 guys and the Sox would be sitting pretty. Any sleeper starters on these teams?

There are some guys like Lambert, Pilkington, and Steiver who *could* be something, but I don't like them as much as I like our middle infield guys, which is the other hole in the system according to most 

42 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

They have neglected drafting pitching the last 2 drafts.  That rears its ugly head at some point.  When you have guys dropping with injuries, well, it accelerates the process of making the pitching look thin.

8 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Sadly for them, who cares?  Sox have $52 million invested in Robert.  That’s more than they just gave Jimenez.  Whatever is best for his development will be done. 

Obviously.  When Robert is ready, he will move up, and he will play CF. But we have other OF prospects that could impact the big league club in a couple years. It’s worth discussing what will happen with Gonzalez, Rutherford, Adolfo, and Basabe.

Edited by SoxBlanco

9 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yes. There's a lot of talk about the lack of infield depth but I am very intrigued by the high ceilings of Sosa, Bush, Curbelo, and Nunez. Obviously Madrigal as well but he's the one that gets praise. SP depth is really my only issue with our farm. 

And is SP really that bad? Just produced Rodon, Gio, and ReyLo who are all developing at the ML level now, but have Kopech back next year, Dunning back in '21, and interesting arms like Henzman, Parke, McClure, Pilkington, Martin, Heuer, and hopefully Hansen back to form soon, could be better obviously AND more healthy but not glaring

Sucks Fulmer didn't pan out as a starter, but hopefully can join a 'pen with Burdi, Hamilton, Burr, Johnson, Vieria, etc.

10 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

I guess I’ll answer my own question, but perhaps Gonzalez and Rutherford on the corners, with Robert in CF. Booker would be the odd man out, and Adolfo would continue to DH. By the time he could play the field, you would hope things work themselves out. When Basabe comes back, who the hell knows what will happen. 

Is it unheard of to get promoted from A to AAA? Or would you just send somebody from Birmingham to Charlotte, even if they didn’t quite deserve it, in order to make things work?

Ken Griffey got promoted from A to the majors.  Pujois, too.

15 hours ago, ChiSoxJon said:

And is SP really that bad? Just produced Rodon, Gio, and ReyLo who are all developing at the ML level now, but have Kopech back next year, Dunning back in '21, and interesting arms like Henzman, Parke, McClure, Pilkington, Martin, Heuer, and hopefully Hansen back to form soon, could be better obviously AND more healthy but not glaring

Sucks Fulmer didn't pan out as a starter, but hopefully can join a 'pen with Burdi, Hamilton, Burr, Johnson, Vieria, etc.

Forgot Cease.