Worried about reylo?

Dominikk85

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You are the exception rather than the rule around here, unfortunately. 2 weeks into the season here and 1 week in the minors and everyone is a failure except Robert and Moncada .

Everything is magnified at the beginning of the season since it is so fresh. We're talking 2-3 starts for these guys as we sit here on April 12th.

Edited by soxfan2014

2 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

Everything is magnified at the beginning of the season since it is so fresh. We're talking 2-3 starts for these guys as we sit here on April 12th.

That's fine but Giolito was historically bad last year, worst pitcher in all of MLB and one of the worst full seasons of all time for a Sox starter.  

Lopez, as I've said, was cromulent last year and will get a bit of a longer leash.  But Lopez looks to have the exact same problems he had last year that limited him much of the year to being effectively a 5th starter and those are his secondary offerings, endurance, and control.  You'd hope he'd come out this year and take a step forward with consistency, that obviously has not been the case.

I know somebody laughed at my Colon comparison, but they have similar profiles - big, thick Dominicans with a heavy fastball and inconsistent secondary pitches that flash plus occasionally. They also have a similar k/9 at the same age. Lopez won't be Colon, but he does remind me of him.