Tired of seeing Yolmer Sanchez in starting lineup

SweatyFreddy

3 hours ago, jamesdiego said:

Yolmer isn’t all we have at 2nd base.  He is the most easily replaceable person on the team. He’s been giving plenty of chances and it’s time to say goodbye.  

Mendick has earned a shot and should be given given a chance to see what he can do before Magical takes over 2nd permanently.  

If they feel to loyal to the Yolmer to cut him right now then just make him the backup infielder and send Rondon to Charlotte when Timmy gets back.   

Then have Garcia, Jay and Cordell switch between the 2 outfielder spots.  Though I’d prefer to also get rid of Jay to see what Tilson can do with more playing time.  

Jon Jay is a much better player that Charlie Tilson.

And Rondon is out of options and cannot just be sent to Charlotte. But I’d be fine losing Rondon at this point. He’s been dreadful this season.  

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Jon Jay is a much better player that Charlie Tilson.

And Rondon is out of options and cannot just be sent to Charlotte. But I’d be fine losing Rondon at this point. He’s been dreadful this season.  

Yea Jay is a better player, but what purpose is he here for?  Is he going to bring anything in trade?  He’s not gonna be here next year.  A bench spot might be between Cordell and Tilson next year.  I’d like to see Charlie get some at bats (more than once a week) to see what he can do.   

4 minutes ago, jamesdiego said:

Yea Jay is a better player, but what purpose is he here for?  Is he going to bring anything in trade?  He’s not gonna be here next year.  A bench spot might be between Cordell and Tilson next year.  I’d like to see Charlie get some at bats (more than once a week) to see what he can do.   

We have seen what he can do, little

• Like 1

8 hours ago, poppysox said:

Yolmer was for several years underrated in my opinion.  He was a slick fielder and the switch hitting was a useful tool for balancing the lineup.  Like regular people doing ordinary jobs...he has gotten very expensive for what he does.  Garcia can do more things as 25th man and do it at less money.  Sad but it works that way in most jobs.  You simply don't want to price yourself out of a job.  Asking for more money in arbitration doesn't work for everyone. 

you lost me at the underrated part... 

Home cooking announcers tricking people by talking about his value as a defensive player ect ect… but really is just average at defense and a poor hitter with no pop who can be struck out on a fast ball straight down the middle.

3 hours ago, harkness99 said:

you lost me at the underrated part... 

Home cooking announcers tricking people by talking about his value as a defensive player ect ect… but really is just average at defense and a poor hitter with no pop who can be struck out on a fast ball straight down the middle.

Indeed.  Yolmer’s best season with the bat was 2017 with a line of .267 / .319 / .413 / .732.  His career line is .243 / .296 / .360 / .656.  He has never been a good hitter.  Just because Benetti interviews him a lot and talks him up does not make him a good player.  We only know about him because he has received far too many plate appearances over the years because the Sox have had such awful rosters, with bench players being used in starting roles.

10 hours ago, jamesdiego said:

Ya Jay is a better player, but what purpose is he here for?  Is he going to bring anything in trade?  He’s not gonna be here next year.  A bench spot might be between Cordell and Tilson next year.  I’d like to see Charlie get some at bats (more than once a week) to see what he can do.   

Well a few days ago we were 2 games under .500 and Jay was probably the best all around OF on the roster.  So that was his purpose.  If this slide continues, or we start to sell off pen pieces, I would agree...ship him off to the highest bidder.

I'd be surprised if Jay is still on the roster in 2 weeks.  

10 hours ago, jamesdiego said:

Good lord no. Tilson, Cordell, and Sanchez have no future with the White Sox. We will finally know the rebuild is going in the right direction when they are no longer on the team. 

18 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Good lord no. Tilson, Cordell, and Sanchez have no future with the White Sox. We will finally know the rebuild is going in the right direction when they are no longer on the team. 

I like getting playing time for Cordell.