Sox Fan vs. Mets Fan

Texsox

AT this moment is it tougher to be a Sox' fan or a Met's fan?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. AT this moment is it tougher to be a Sox' fan or a Met's fan?

• White Sox
    • NY Mets

At least the Mets have won the World Series in somewhat recent years. The Yankees win every year, it's gotta be tough to be a Mets fan. And to make it worse the Yankees have the biggest fan base in baseball (a ton of them are fair weather fans, but still).

Definately a Sox fan.  The Sox are the redheaded step child of self proclaimed Losers!  At least the Yankees win, the Cubs the great majority of the time are worse, and we still have to hear this crap.

Agreed. Much worse to be second in your city to a bunch of lovable losers than second in your city to the best franchise in baseball.

It isn't tough being a Sox fan.

Dude..... you don't live in Chicago right now. I'm telling you, with the media onslaught of everything Cubbie and so many "casual fans" jumping on the Cub bandwagon, White Sox baseball may be at the beginning of it's death-nell in Chicago.

That's not a joke.

• 4 months later...
Dude..... you don't live in Chicago right now. I'm telling you, with the media onslaught of everything Cubbie and so many "casual fans" jumping on the Cub bandwagon, White Sox baseball may be at the beginning of it's death-nell in Chicago.

That's not a joke.

Gotta agree 150000000% with Killa. Jason.. it's sooooo sick here right now. If you had to deal with some of the Cub fans here you'd be jumping off a bridge. :o

I say Mets fan. They spent a ton of money in recent years, but blew it on the wrong players (something we know a lot about, sadly).

Wait, so you're telling me that Jose Paniaqua wasn't a big name?

Nope, just a big jackass. I still say that his game against the Twins somehow changed the season for the Sox. We were killing the Twins after beating out their brains the day before, and they couldn't touch our pitchers. We had them by the throat and were choking their life away. Their hitters were frustrated, defeated, and taken out of their game. Then Joe Bread'N'Water comes in and gives up a bunch of runs to the Twins ...... their hitters weren't so down and lost after that. And all of a sudden the choke hold was gone. Just my $.02.

I say we have it worse. We're always overlooked. It's not the attention I WOULD want, but the media is always talking about when will it happen for the Red Sox and Cubs. I know it's only a one year difference, but the Red Sox have won a World Series more recently than we have. At least we don't blame our troubles on a goat or a trade.