Not all Muslims are terrorists

southsider2k5

My friend's uncle works for the BBC and other news agencies. He got invited by the State Department to speak as part of this journalistic panel they were putting together. So, he flies in and he has the invite from the State Department. Now this is a Muslim middle eastern man who has never committed a crime in his life and he's acclaimed as a journalist and writer. He was detained by the INS for 6 hours where he was interrogated and criminalized despite having the letter from the State Department. He told my friend that he was never coming back to the States ever.

Ask him.

I met a guy on the train to Copenhagen that has lived in Australia for all but the first year of his life. He teaches Architecture. He was invited to lecture at Cornell... but had to turn it down. Why? Cause he was born in Iran. Was adopted at age 1. Has to be fingerprinted and subject to questioning to enter the country, even though he's a citizen of one of our allys.

Hmmm.

Ask him.

I met a guy on the train to Copenhagen that has lived in Australia for all but the first year of his life. He teaches Architecture. He was invited to lecture at Cornell... but had to turn it down. Why? Cause he was born in Iran. Was adopted at age 1. Has to be fingerprinted and subject to questioning to enter the country, even though he's a citizen of one of our allys.

Hmmm.

:rolleyes:

Ask him.

Hmmm.

Good. I'm glad the US is finally getting serious about who gets into this country. I don't give a rat's ass where he comes from.

Sounds like they were giving him protection, not f***ing with him. :huh:

Right on dude. Cops were detailed out to mosques and ordered to increase patrols around Middle Eastern owned businesses after 09/11 since people of Middle Eastern origin were being beat up and killed while mosques were being vandalized.

:fyou all those cops after losing 38 at the WTC for doing that.

Right on dude. Cops were detailed out to mosques and ordered to increase patrols around Middle Eastern owned businesses after 09/11 since people of Middle Eastern origin were being beat up and killed while mosques were being vandalized.

:fyou all those cops after losing 38 at the WTC for doing that.

Wow that makes sense and sound realistic. Odd for a post on this site lately........... :P

Cuz cops have nothing better to do than stalk people right? :rolleyes:

ok, so there were two options for the cops being there...1) they were keeping tabs on my buddy. 2) they were there to protect him.

If it were protection, why wouldn't they have gone to the door and asked if they were receiving any threats or feeling endangered....

sounds like the cops were the ones feeling threatened but for no reason...or perhaps it was a little bit of both...

And I can say whatever the hell I want to about cops buddy. While I respect their job and am very appreciative of many things, such as stopping to see if a stranded motorist needs help and keeping crackheads off the street, the police have no one to "police" them. Their budgets are dependent upon handing out tickets and because they're officers of the law, their testamonies will always stand up higher in court than mine....even though hundreds of cops have been convicted of s***ty crimes. It's f***ing insane to see cops have so much freedom, yet teachers in a class room have their hands tied...so then we're forced to have cops in schools.

I'm not saying teachers should have guns, or cops should be stripped of theirs...I'm just wondering how in this society with decreasing morals, values, and ethics, we can continue to opperate in the same manner.

Maybe it's my own conscience, but I've talked to others, and we all have felt like "the man" is looking us down everytime they pass by. Certainly in the light of Sept 11th we need to be far more catious, but the situation that Apu described is bulls***...so are many other untold stories.

f*** Big Brother...I'll never love him.

Good. I'm glad the US is finally getting serious about who gets into this country. I don't give a rat's ass where he comes from.

I think it's happening the inverse too, a lot of people dont wanna go to the US because they are fearing getting shot when leave the bus (Washington DC). Or suffer prejudices treatment...

Ask him.

Hmmm.

Fingerprinted? Sounds pretty awful. And a citizen of one of our allies, huh? Kinda like Saudi Arabia is an ally? Wasn't Richard Reid, the shoe bomber, a British citizen? Then how in the hell did he try to blow up that plane if he's a British citizen??? A portion of the world has a population that despises the U.S. and has many that would bring harm to the nation. To think that people from that part of the world wouldn't get extra scrutiny is naive, in my opinion.

A portion of the world has a population that despises the U.S.

only a portion?? Apu, et al, wouldn't you agree there might be one, maybe two, (if not hundreds) of reasons why there's grounds for international frustration towards the US?

we tend to have bad foreign policy. granted we're the highest giving nation in the world, just sometimes that giving goes to the wrong individuals...pinochet, saddam hussein, osama bin laden, noriega...all of whom we've had to then spend even more money getting rid of...mostly unsuccesfully.

I'm :usa proud to be an American, I'm just scared to watch US politics, especially the Republican and Democratic parties shoot holes in the our collective ship bottom. We need someone to stand up and put aside partisanship....

someone like Al Sharpton, Howard Dean, or George W. Bush...

So what are we supposed to do people? Open the borders and let the Terrorists in here? I'm with ya, bud. If they had chosen to hit the Sears Tower that day, you could have been one of those going up in a building that was coming down.

Yes, there are bad cops. And bad teachers, bad ministers, bad priests. I haven't seen someone say " :fyou priests" ... Why not? Look all the s*** that's been in the news lately about them.

I hate to see someone disrespect the police. The s*** those guys have to put with to protect your ass is rediculous. This nation would be a continous riot zone without them.

CubKilla .... Thank you and to your brothers in blue. :notworthy