May 1 vs O's straight doubleheader 3:10 PM start time

Tnetennba

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm sure he didn't think it was a great idea. All they got him for was to fill a certain role until more guys were ready. But you know that already.

The fact that they gave up a player, even if he becomes nothing, is inexcusable 

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

How so ?

Let me rephrase that: they gave up a kid that could become something, even if a longshot. If they gave up someone like Gillaspie or Engel I wouldn't complain. Nova was a salary dump and they gave up some kid in the DSL for him. Idk, maybe I'm overreacting to Tatis but if so, whatever. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just looked at the Game One box score. Time 3 hrs, 48 minutes ... man that's too long for a 5-4 game.

Assuming it was a dreadful game with all those relief pitchers for both teams and also the Sox blowing a healthy lead and getting a lousy start apparently from Rodon. Losing both games would be lousy. Please win Game Two, Sox.

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Just looked at the Game One box score. Time 3 hrs, 48 minutes ... man that's too long for a 5-4 game.

Assuming it was a dreadful game with all those relief pitchers for both teams and also the Sox blowing a healthy lead and getting a lousy start apparently from Rodon. Losing both games would be lousy. Please win Game Two, Sox.

Words can’t describe how poorly both teams played

• Like 1

Fathom can probably tell me. I just tuned in and that last at bat ... it looked like Nova was just flipping meatballs in there and the guy still struck out. Is his velocity as poor as my eyes suggest? I'm no expert so I will defer, but geez those looked like meatballs that a lousy O's hitter couldn't hit. Strike 3. Tie game.

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The fact that they gave up a player, even if he becomes nothing, is inexcusable 

Eh 1 year $10M or w/e it was for a guy to throw strikes and eat innings for a year in a rebuild is OK. Hahn was fairly sure he'd stay healthy and have a 4-5 ERA when all was said and done based on his track record. It's not like he was looking for a stud.

24 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm sure he didn't think it was a great idea. All they got him for was to fill a certain role until more guys were ready. But you know that already.

No one spends $9 million on a pitcher they don't think will be average at the least.  It was $9 million wasted.  Just like the $4 million for Jon Jay.

Edited by Harper2Sox

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It’s to the point I would rather see Collins playing than Yonder. Not so sure their stats would be much different.

Yep, I'm on board.  But Alonso was pretty much a waste of $9 million and at bats the second Machado signed with the Padres.

Edited by Harper2Sox

I have a question for PTATC or whoever was a pitcher. A blister to me, seems like an awful problem. I used to get blisters playing tennis and put a bandage on there and that saved me. Of course baseball won't allow pitchers to wear bandaids as they would probably help them get the ball to do wacky things. But what does a pitcher do with a blister problem? Is this something that can be avoided in the future?? I guess I'll google on blisters.