May 1 vs O's straight doubleheader 3:10 PM start time

Tnetennba

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He's been around the longest, he's been injured, and has a history of not throwing strikes and going past the 5th inning. He isn't the same guy he was before his shoulder injury. I'm not sure he can get by at 90-93. His fastball command is nowhere near good enough. 

Quite frankly, I still see room for growth with Giolito and Lopez but I don't see any with Rodon.  There is some deterioration of stuff with Rodon after his injury, but that is to be expected. 

Rodon will be fine. As soon as he pitches a great game you will be singing a different tune 

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Thought abreu wasn't clutch

And now he's up to an .896 OPS and 137 wRC+.

But don't worry, next time he goes 0-4, the whole board will be here to remind us that he's a washed up bum who is actually 40 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

One game shouldn’t change anyone’s mind one way or the other.

Rodon is what he is. He's a #4 starter with command issues and one great pitch. He's incredibly frustrating as a fan because you think he should be better than he is. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

He was 56 out of 57 last year for qualified starters in K rate

It's not like I fully endorsed the guy. I just recognized the reason the got him Hahn said as much.  He said he wanted a guy to eat innings. I  said eh they could do worse for a year. I mean hell I preferred they sign a good FA pitcher and Miley or Pomeranz. But they signed Nova and that's the kind of guy they wanted. They didn't want to sign injured pitchers or a high priced FA. They got what they wanted not what I wanted.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

jose is making me look stupid.  I'm cool with that.  I'll take a 900 OPS and more to look stupid.

But now the question is how stupid of a contract would you sign him to?

Edited by Jerksticks