This is sad

CubsSuck1

I find this hard to believe, especially with the cubs game going on tonight, what kind of chicago sports fan takes MLS soccer over playoff baseball?

the fan base is very diverse - Chicago is home to a lot of people who grew up with soccer, not baseball and football - I am surprised they ahd a crowd like that with the baseball game but it is just another sign that not all of Chicago is swooning for the scrubs

The Chicagoland area has a LARGE Eastern European and Hispanic community, and soccer is NUMBER ONE for a lot of people here. I'm not surprised that soccer draws well around here, and it's actually kind of unfair to compare attendance from different sports. Is it far to complain that the Bears draw 50,000+ every home game and the Sox don't? No.

If there were two soccer teams in town ( which there once were ), or two NFL teams ( which there once were ), the comparisons could be more valid, but the Sox are in the position of being second in a two-team town.

That's not going to change anytime soon, so there's no point in crying about it. I prefer to cry about the fact that the Cubs were not ALWAYS number one, and the Sox ownership is not aggressive enough in trying to close the gap. For every good move the Sox make, they make 2 or 3 bonehead moves.

Another thing I think to look at is the number of games played. If the Bears played 162 games, God forbid, they wouldn't draw so many people. i am sure the Fire play only are 30 or so games. People probably feel they will have many chances to see the Sox, and our attendence is much more spread.

You mean they're not from Columbus, Colombia? Glad I scalped my tix!  :lol:

s***..... I don't follow soccer. All I know is the team had on yellow and blue uniforms (Colombia's colors) and it looked like the writing on them was in Spanish. There were spanish ads too. I just figured..... :lol: