Question about Rain Outs

ScootsMcGoots

Feel free to move this thread to a better spot, but I felt posing it on the main forum would get me the best responses.

I'm going to my first game of the year on Thursday night, and of course the forecast is calling for a half inch of heavy rain that night.

My guess is, with Toronto not coming back to town and the two don't play each other in another series this year, the game will probably be played as part of a double-header on Friday or Saturday.

Here is my question: how does this work? If I show up at the game and pay for parking and they end up postponing it, would I have to pay for parking again for the makeup? Would I be able to get into the 2nd game free if it is played after the makeup game? Do they kick you out of the park? Any other valuable info I should know about makeup games? I've never been to one.

Kind of hoping it gets postponed tbh and I get a different starter...right now Covey is lined up to pitch Thursday night

Thank you kindly, 

Scoots.

I am sure you'd have to pay for parking 2x.  With respect to whether or not you'd get a bonus game, it all depends on if they schedule it as a straight double header or a split double header.  Straight double headers you can stay for both games, with split double headers, they clear the park.  With your game being a Thursday game, my guess is that if it is PPD, they will make it up on Saturday as a split doubleheader.  

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am sure you'd have to pay for parking 2x.  With respect to whether or not you'd get a bonus game, it all depends on if they schedule it as a straight double header or a split double header.  Straight double headers you can stay for both games, with split double headers, they clear the park.  With your game being a Thursday game, my guess is that if it is PPD, they will make it up on Saturday as a split doubleheader.  

Thank you for your info. The paying for parking twice annoys me.

17 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I was going to say this too. If it were a weekday series, there's a definitely chance it would be a straight double header. But not on a weekend series when they can do 2 on Saturday.