5/25 Games

soxfan49

9 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Nice. Are you going to the game Jon or watching on the minor league stream?

Was at the game

Not too much to report, but Varnell barely even hit 90 on the stadium jug, super effective though...must throw a sinker or something it looked like

Destino (who had a couple hard hits) and Troutwine are two big dudes but Zangari is a monster

Dawkins murdered his homer

Mike Hickman is with the team as I saw him there

Didn't even know Sally League games are streamable

4 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Was at the game

Not too much to report, but Varnell barely even hit 90 on the stadium jug, super effective though...must throw a sinker or something it looked like

Destino (who had a couple hard hits) and Troutwine are two big dudes but Zangari is a monster

Dawkins murdered his homer

Mike Hickman is with the team as I saw him there

Didn't even know Sally League games are streamable

The opposing 3B Hunter Stovall also impressed be a lot defensively

8 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Honestly, if those two make it, I’m far less concerned about the struggles of González, Rutherford, & Adolfo (pre injury).

I agree. They would constitute 2/3 of the outfield, with Eloy taking the 3RD spot, in LF. The best part of Robert and Basabe being the two to emerge as legit prospects is that they are the only two really outstanding defensive guys, with good arms. That would be the best way to "hide" Eloy's sub par defence, in Left. The disappointing part of the other outfield prospects having such poor seasons is that they aren't going to generate much interest from other clubs. I had hoped that they would at least be good trade bait. Maybe Walker will step up, and we still may end up taking an outfielder, with the 3RD pick in the Draft. You know that I like Bleday. Interesting though, how that outfield "log jam" has pretty much disappeared.

3 hours ago, Lillian said:

I agree. They would constitute 2/3 of the outfield, with Eloy taking the 3RD spot, in LF. The best part of Robert and Basabe being the two to emerge as legit prospects is that they are the only two really outstanding defensive guys, with good arms. That would be the best way to "hide" Eloy's sub par defence, in Left. The disappointing part of the other outfield prospects having such poor seasons is that they aren't going to generate much interest from other clubs. I had hoped that they would at least be good trade bait. Maybe Walker will step up, and we still may end up taking an outfielder, with the 3RD pick in the Draft. You know that I like Bleday. Interesting though, how that outfield "log jam" has pretty much disappeared.

Yeah, having Robert & Basabe in CF & RF respectively would definitely make it much easier to play Eloy in LF.  And I agree on the trade value piece, which puts more pressure on us to have a successful offseason in free agency.