FS Draft Preview: Nick Lodolo

Rankin

I like Lodolo but not enough to pass up one of the position players.  If I'm taking a college arm at 1-3 I need a longer track record of dominance and Lodolo struggled his first two years in college.  He's having a really good Junior year but it's not enough.  Take a bat with the first pick then load up on high ceiling arms.  It's a down year but there are plenty of arms that could be developed into big leaguers.  

I know the pick will almost certainly be one of Abrams/Vaughn but I wouldn't mind Lodolo at all. He would provide some much needed stability to our SP depth, and his left handedness is a plus. I feel very strongly that he'll be an MLB quality starter, it's just a matter of him ascending from a #3-4 type to a TOR guy. I'm the one who wrote this preview by the way 

9 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

I know the pick will almost certainly be one of Abrams/Vaughn but I wouldn't mind Lodolo at all. He would provide some much needed stability to our SP depth, and his left handedness is a plus. I feel very strongly that he'll be an MLB quality starter, it's just a matter of him ascending from a #3-4 type to a TOR guy. I'm the one who wrote this preview by the way 

I'm not big on the top of this class either so I'd be all for Lodolo IF it also meant saving slot money and using it later on HS arms or whomever

Vaughn and Abrams are the most realistic options at #3 and I guess I'd prefer Abrams upside, but Vaughn is safer...maybe too safe

Vaughn fits the current draft philosophy so we'll see