5/26- Sox at Twins, 1:10, NBCSC

flavum

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Covey is a one to two inning guy. We all know that. Not his fault he’s being forced to face hitters multiple times because the rotation is a disaster.

Compared to the rest of the clown car rotation, he's thrown the ball well IMO. 

Tallest Midget of the group. 

Oh well, with that home run I can turn off the TV and go do something else. I need to turn off the TV. I can't stand Jason and Steve talking like Minnesota is God's gift to baseball, and all they're trying to do is justify the Sox's terrible, terrible play. 80% of what is happening in this series is the Sox's imcompetence. We can't even catch fly balls that high school players would feel embarrassed to miss. Not just Tilson, Yonder yesterday too. 

When this game is over today, Dylan Covey will have a career record of 5 and 25. Think about that: 5 and 25. The Sox give Covey the ball and it's only a one in six chance the Sox are going to win, but we keep putting him out there. 

I guess my prediction at the start of this road trip that I would accept two wins is looking pretty good. But looking at it now, to play so well at Houston . . . and then just shit our pants against Minnesota is really hard to take.

So, only three seasons ago we finished like 18 games ahead of Minnesota.  So how is it that three years later we are on this massive rebuild yet the Twins are light years ahead of us. Is it me or does this really point to the ineptitude of the Sox front office.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

So, only three seasons ago we finished like 18 games ahead of Minnesota.  So how is it that three years later we are on this massive rebuild yet the Twins are light years ahead of us. Is it me or does this really point to the ineptitude of the Sox front office.

Everything points to the ineptitude, this isn’t some crazy secret 

I really had high hopes for this series after the showing in Houston.

If this team is contending in 2020, the evidence is fleeting at best.

It is self-evident the Reinsdorf cabal is not going to loft them into contention with outside vetted free agent difference makers.

This will have to be an inside-org effort.

He won in 2005 with basically avg ballplayers having career years and without any serious financial outlays. 

This next time it might be with better caliber players but still under budget and no threat to his bottom line.

The Bulls and Sox long for affluent sportsmen in the owner's suites.

Edited by GradMc

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Covey has been pretty okay today other than the Rosario changeup that was blasted.

Other than that one 4 run inning on Friday, the Sox have done squat against the Twins pitching!