5/28 White Sox vs Royals game 2

5 minutes ago, Chris Sale said:

gGiolito, Colomè, and McCann should be all-stars. Tim and Abreu are borderline cases but in general it’s been a long time since we had a bunch of actually existing good MLB ballplayers to watch and I love it.

If only we had Kopech & Rodon off the DL.

Edited by poppysox
  • Haha 1

Well, I said it before, but I'll say it again; extend McCann. He isn't going to hit .340, but he has convinced me that he should be our catcher, going forward. We are going to need 2 catchers anyway, and he certainly qualifies to be one of them. If Collins should develop and prove that he is a number one catcher, McCann could still be his back up. However, I doubt that Collins will bring enough to the table, to overtake McCann as the #1 guy. James has a pretty complete game, at this point. He is calling a good game, blocking balls, throwing well and hitting. He is also hitting smart. You guys know me, I love choking up on the bat, with 2 strikes and I have always advocated the approach of taking fast balls to right and up the middle, while pulling the off speed stuff. That is exactly what McCann is doing, as Stone pointed out, in tonight's broadcast.

1 minute ago, Lillian said:

Well, I said it before, but I'll say it again; extend McCann. He isn't going to hit .340, but he has convinced me that he should be our catcher, going forward. We are going to need 2 catchers anyway, and he certainly qualifies to be one of them. If Collins should develop and prove that he is a number one catcher, McCann could still be his back up. However, I doubt that Collins will bring enough to the table, to overtake McCann as the #1 guy. James has a pretty complete game, at this point. He is calling a good game, blocking balls, throwing well and hitting. He is also hitting smart. You guys know me, I love choking up on the bat, with 2 strikes and I have always advocated the approach of taking fast balls to right and up the middle, while pulling the off speed stuff. That is exactly what McCann is doing, as Stone pointed out, in tonight's broadcast.

No reason to extend him yet when we control him next year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

No reason to extend him yet when we control him next year.

The reason is to avoid having to pay him, when he becomes a free agent, after next season. Now is the time to lock him up, on an affordable contract, if he is willing to sign one. 

3 minutes ago, Lillian said:

The reason is to avoid having to pay him, when he becomes a free agent, after next season. Now is the time to lock him up, on an affordable contract, if he is willing to sign one. 

I get wanting to bet high on prospects, but this is one I want to see play out for quite a bit longer

4 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I agree.  He would take a very reasonable amount IMO.  He would value highly the security of a 20-25 million 4 or 5 year extension for family security.  He hasn't been banking mega millions like some who would consider that small change.

48 minutes ago, Chris Sale said:

Giolito, Colomè, and McCann should be all-stars. Tim and Abreu are borderline cases but in general it’s been a long time since we had a bunch of actually existing good MLB ballplayers to watch and I love it.

TA is leading the AL in batting average. I would hope he would be an allstar. Has the leading average at the allstar break ever not made the team?

McCann probably won't be an allstar. Sanchez and Garver are probably the 2 allstar catchers for the AL.

9 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Yeah, but they have one, which is more than they had last year unless you count Rodon for like 6 weeks before it all came crashing down.

Lopez did a decent impression of one

16 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

TA is leading the AL in batting average. I would hope he would be an allstar. Has the leading average at the allstar break ever not made the team?

McCann probably won't be an allstar. Sanchez and Garver are probably the 2 allstar catchers for the AL.

Isn't McCann's avg higher than Anderson's?