5/29 Sox vs Royals

DirtySox

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Other than the probable Win I would agree.  This wasn't really a terribly impressive outing.  That triple ends it for me.

12 hits, 2 walks and 5 ER (plus loads of hard contact) over 5.2 IP vs one of the worst teams in baseball? Zero stress free innings and a couple more runs saved by great defensive plays? 

"Wasn't terribly impressive" is sure a generous way to sum up Lopez tonight. I would be more inclined to throw some four letter words in there, but that's just me. lol

Edited by Richie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jake said:

Easily the worst managing decision(s) of Ricky's time here. Reynaldo had backed his way into an acceptable 5 inning start but there were already signs that he was  losing it at the end of 5. Nobody getting loose to start the next inning and we let Reynaldo throw more pitches than he has in his career (I presume) to give up 4 more runs for god knows what reason

Because renteria is brain dead.

4 minutes ago, Richie said:

12 hits, 2 walks and 5 ER (plus loads of hard contact) over 5.2 IP vs one of the worst teams in baseball? Zero stress free innings and a couple more runs saved by great defensive plays? 

"Wasn't terribly impressive" is sure a generous way to sum up Lopez tonight. I would be more inclined to throw some four letter words in there, but that's just me. lol

Those #'s were helped quite a bit in there terribleness by Ricky.  If he pulls Lopez after 5 we shrug and say not terrible.  I'll give him that.