5/29 Sox vs Royals

DirtySox

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Colome might be the best reliever on the market. And he has a track record of being a good closer. ?‍♂️

one only has to look at the kahnle deal to see why a top 50 prospect is a pipe dream.  relievers, even good closers, just don't get much.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

one only has to look at the kahnle deal to see why a top 50 prospect is a pipe dream.  relievers, even good closers, just don't get much.

Rutherford was a high 30's low 40's ranked prospect at the TIME of the trade.  So no, you aren't correct.  

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Kahnle didn't have the track record. He had 3 good months as a big leaguer. And they got a top 100 guy for him.

Cubs gave up Gleyber Torres for 3 months of Chapman. Colome isn't Chapman, but he is somewhere in between.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Colome might be the best reliever on the market. And he has a track record of being a good closer. ?‍♂️

We're going to see a ton of closers traded next few months (Giles, Greene, Colome, W. Smith, Kimbrel signing, )

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Team defense is night and day better than a month ago.  Leury is really settling in as the everyday CF.

Stay healthy.

Leury sure looked good in this game.  He's growing on me.

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Rutherford was a high 30's low 40's ranked prospect at the TIME of the trade.  So no, you aren't correct.  

They had to give up 2 good relievers and a 3B for basically that one legit prospect.  How does that compare to trading Colome only for a top 50 prospect?!?  Also, there will be a bunch of good relievers that hit the trade market soon.  Supply and demand my friend.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

Not to mention Robertson would've netted Lazardo if the Nats owner okay'd the deal. 

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Kahnle didn't have the track record. He had 3 good months as a big leaguer. And they got a top 100 guy for him.

Cubs gave up Gleyber Torres for 3 months of Chapman. Colome isn't Chapman, but he is somewhere in between.

I was going to use the Chapman comparison as well.  Also, trades won't necessarily be prospects.  Many teams have major league guys who are blocked.  I believe that had some bearing on the Torres trade.

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

They had to give up 2 good relievers and a 3B for basically that one legit prospect.  How does that compare to trading Colome only for a top 50 prospect?!?  Also, there will be a bunch of good relievers that hit the trade market soon.  Supply and demand my friend.

Yankees pried Gleyber Torres away from our friends on the north side for the privilege of just three months of Aroldis Chapman.  Granted, Chapman still was a tier above Colome, but the way Colome is going about his business so far this year, who knows?