Rumor: Cease will be called up "very soon"

Sockin

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Go take a look at his home/away splits.  No one hits well at PetCo.  GRate would have been a big difference for him.

Lol. Now we’re making excuses for the $300M man? wRC+ adjusts for ballpark factors and his current 104 is VERY average. It’s going to be hilarious if Yolmer Sanchez ends the season with a higher wRC+ than Manny Machado.

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Lol. Now we’re making excuses for the $300M man? wRC+ adjusts for ballpark factors and his current 104 is VERY average. It’s going to be hilarious if Yolmer Sanchez ends the season with a higher wRC+ than Manny Machado.

Hilarious is spending more money than Machado is making this year on the likes of Alonso, Nova, Herrera, and Jay.  Three guys you don’t want to see playing for the Sox and one guy who is getting paid $4 million to not play for them.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

You forgot McCann again. And didn’t realize those guys cost $300M ?

McCann was a good signing but I find it hilarious that you seem to buy into his flukey stats more than Machado who has done it year after year.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Hilarious is spending more money than Machado is making this year on the likes of Alonso, Nova, Herrera, and Jay.  Three guys you don’t want to see playing for the Sox and one guy who is getting paid $4 million to not play for them.

What is the point of you always stating this over and over?

So far, machado hasnt been great by any means. It's not the ballpark, it's his offensive game - its had inconsistencies forever. What I find odd is even if machado ended up not being worth anywhere near 300 million, you'd still be here bad mouthing the Sox for missing out 

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Let me add that if the white Sox offense continues to progress, and Robert is a star and madrigal is a fine at 2nd then this team was better off spending money on pitching than hitting anyway - time will tell if they do that though.

Your first assumption seems expected but not so sure about 2B.

On 6/2/2019 at 6:46 AM, Moan4Yoan said:

No, they didn’t.  Enough of this BS.  It isn’t true.  $250 million guaranteed with incentives is not as good as $300 million guaranteed.  Machado didn’t “want to go to San Diego.”  He went to the team that offered him the most guaranteed money, plain and simple.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2019 at 8:47 AM, Richie said:

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Oh, the irony.  You’re still wrong though.

• Haha 1

Well said.  Direct and to the point.

Were you here for the whole thread and the anger that resulted from not signing Machado ? Pretty much everyone thought that the Sox offer, while a lot for a Sox offer, was simply just not adequate. While such a long term contract is debatable as far as it's ultimate worth. what is not debatable is the offer was not as good as the Padres.  Adding incentives that ask a much older Machado to play a certain amount of games is/was just a way for the Sox to try and hedge their bets knowing full well the chances of Machado achieving the incentives was probably quite low.  If, with incentives, the contract was worth $350 M and the Sox think that the incentives were easily attainable then why not just offer $300M guaranteed and save yourself $50M ?

It is actually plain and simple Machado took the best deal and saying it was plain and simple is accurate and not some kind of insult from Moan4Yoan. If you are going to debate or argue with someone who calls your take on the situation BS you cannot be so thin skinned about it.Your over reaction was way worse in the common decency department than his post.

I have had plenty of arguments with him but he is usually pretty fair even if he does repeat himself over and over regarding how bad the Sox have done and until proven otherwise he is correct in that assessment. At this point the Sox really have to prove they are willing to spend money on superior players like Cole, Rendon or others who would be a huge upgrade. I/we can hope all we want and get excited about the off season but people were super excited about Machado and Harper and angered beyond belief at not getting one of them and the lame excuses that came from Kenny Williams . Many here are now echoing Moan4Yoans sentiments that the Sox will never pay for premium talent. I still think they will and should but I'm certainly not counting on it.

22 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Oh, the irony.  You’re still wrong though.

You talk down to someone (with whom you have never interacted with) like a child and it's "ironic" when they call you an asshole? You're a real treat. 

I'm wrong that the White Sox package had a higher raw total? Okay, sure. lol. Whatever you say. 

Thanks Cali and agreed.  I do repeat myself a lot, haha.  Working on it.

It will be exciting to get Cease into the rotation.  I don’t think Rendon fits now with Moncada at 3B and Madrigal drafted so high.  Cole would be amazing but may be out of our price range.  Would Ozuna be the next best available free agent?

On 6/2/2019 at 9:21 AM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not well said . Those kind of comments will get you suspended.

Your over reaction was way worse in the common decency department than his post.

Why? Because I used bad words?

If a stranger just randomly talked to you like that in real life, the proper response would be to tell them to "f themselves". There's nothing inappropriate about that response.

I told him to "F off". I didn't look up his address, drive over and slap his mother. 

I'm sure he's a lovely guy. I have nothing against him. He said something kind of shitty. I said something back. It's over

Moving on... 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Thanks Cali and agreed.  I do repeat myself a lot, haha.  Working on it.

It will be exciting to get Cease into the rotation.  I don’t think Rendon fits now with Moncada at 3B and Madrigal drafted so high.  Cole would be amazing but may be out of our price range.  Would Ozuna be the next best available free agent?

Well I think pitching should be the top priority and that means if not Cole then maybe Bumgarner or even Quintana. Someone like Rendon on the infield would be huge. Maybe he would play 2nd base , maybe Yoan goes back to 2nd base. I know many here wouldn't want to move him as they might tie his better bat this year to the move to 3rd base and also think he is a better 3rd baseman than a 2nd baseman.

It also depends on who gets a QO . I'm not as sold on Ozuna or Castellanos as some are. I think you have to get the pitching 1st otherwise uograding any other part of the roster becomes meaningless unless you expect Dunning, Kopech , Rodon all to pitch well coming off injuries and Cease to be above average next year ,. Also would be very helpful if Lopez can start being more consistent. Long way to go this season so trying to project the best course of action for next year is still not something I like to do. Even Covey has shown flashes . He's still youngish and despite most peoples impatience with him he should be given as many chances as he can to be an effective starter or reliever. That's the whole point of a rebuild. It happened with McCann ( to this point anyway) so it can happen to anyone given ample opportunity.

Scooter Gennett might be an option at 2nd base . He's a left handed bat and right handed arm and his last 2 years have been very productive even though he has yet to play this year due to injury. I wouldn't just pencil in Madrigal as an option next year. He still has a lot to prove in the minors

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

On 6/2/2019 at 9:39 AM, Richie said:

Your over reaction was way worse in the common decency department than his post.

Why? Because I used bad words?

If a stranger just randomly talked to you like that in real life, the proper response would be to tell them to "f themselves". There's nothing inappropriate about that response.

I told him to "F off". I didn't look up his address, drive over and slap his mother. 

I'm sure he's a lovely guy. I have nothing against him. He said something kind of shitty. I said something back. It's over

Moving on... 

No because he didn't say anything that bad. Yes he said your comment was BS but that's not an uncommon thing when 2 people take opposing points of view. He didn't say it was stupid or idiotic he just said it wasn't true and he was pretty accurate in that assessment in regards to it not being the best offer and him wanting to play in SD. he already knows that it wasn't the best RAW offer as you put it. but that's hardly the point now is it ? If you think that was taking it in the ass then you will have a hard time here when things get way more heated. Just my .02 worth . I'll butt out now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well I think pitching should be the top priority and that means if not Cole then maybe Bumgarner or even Quintana. Someone like Rendon on the infield would be huge. Maybe he would play 2nd base , maybe Yoan goes back to 2nd base. I know many here wouldn't want to move him as they might tie his better bat this year to the move to 3rd base and also think he is a better 3rd baseman than a 2nd baseman.

It also depends on who gets a QO . I'm not as sold on Ozuna or Castellanos as some are. I think you have to get the pitching 1st otherwise uograding any other part of the roster becomes meaningless unless you expect Dunning, Kopech , Rodon all to pitch well coming off injuries and Cease to be above average next year ,. Also would be very helpful if Lopez can start being more consistent. Long way to go this season so trying to project the best course of action for next year is still not something I like to do. Even Covey has shown flashes . He's still youngish and despite most peoples impatience with him he should be given as many chances as he can to be an effective starter or reliever. That's the whole point of a rebuild. It happened with McCann ( to this point anyway) so it can happen to anyone given ample opportunity.

Kopech

Giolito

Cease

Lopez

I would sign one big FA starter.  I’m not writing off Lopez yet but I wouldn’t count on Rodon anymore.  Honestly, one big pitcher and one big position player signing would be a good offseason.  Just no more wasting money on a collection of aged vets.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Kopech

Giolito

Cease

Lopez

I would sign one big FA starter.  I’m not writing off Lopez yet but I wouldn’t count on Rodon anymore.  Honestly, one big pitcher and one big position player signing would be a good offseason.  Just no more wasting money on a collection of aged vets.

Honestly today, you better have six guys ready to go in case of injury or a slump. The Sox need to sign two starters in my opinion since there are no guarantees Rodon when he comes back, is effective or doesn't hurt some other part of his body given his history.

33 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Honestly today, you better have six guys ready to go in case of injury or a slump. The Sox need to sign two starters in my opinion since there are no guarantees Rodon when he comes back, is effective or doesn't hurt some other part of his body given his history.

Besides the 4 he mentioned there's a FA starter in his plans and also Dunning should be in the mix though I am not sure if a year is sufficient time to recover from TJ. Rodon can't be counted on til maybe the 2nd half of the 2020 season. There's also Covey who I know you love and Baneulos and probably a handful of cheap guys this coming off season just like there were last off season. Just maybe aim a little higher than Santana and Banuelos.

20 hours ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Did you watch those games? He came close to blowing many of those saves. 

Your lost. The post said " Boston wasn't even using him anymore."  They were using him almost every game in the playoffs. But he wasn't as dominant as he had been.  

1 minute ago, SCCWS said:

Your lost. The post said " Boston wasn't even using him anymore."  They were using him almost every game in the playoffs. But he wasn't as dominant as he had been.  

Well, this isn't a competition, so the joke's on you.