FS Draft Preview: Andrew Vaughn

Rankin

I really don't understand why the O's would pass on Rutschman to take Vaughn.  If they pass on Rutschman, you'd think they'd do it for a high schooler like Witt who moreso fits their timeline.  Though if Witt goes 1, Rutschman probably goes 2.

So here is to hoping the O's are idiots and take Vaughn tonight! 

27 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I really don't understand why the O's would pass on Rutschman to take Vaughn.  If they pass on Rutschman, you'd think they'd do it for a high schooler like Witt who moreso fits their timeline.  Though if Witt goes 1, Rutschman probably goes 2.

So here is to hoping the O's are idiots and take Vaughn tonight! 

If they pass on Adley it’s probably to save money for a better second pick. They probably won’t save money grabbing Witt so they’d have to get Vaughn, Bleday, Abrams to save $

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I am torn between him and Abrams, but I think Vaughan is the right call for the Sox at this time.  How quickly would he be able to move through the system and get to the South Side?

I’m thinking he would be on the Luis Robert path, but a year behind him. So end of next year is a possibility, but more likely would be the end of April 2021 (assuming he doesn’t get injured or struggle to hit in the minors). 

• Thanks 1