Sox @ Nats (Covey vs Sanchez) 12:05 PM CT First Pitch

Richie

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Anyone notice that Washington didn’t have Turner bunt in the same freaking situation that Ricky did?

It's honestly astonishing that his default setting, in almost any situation when runners get on, is to bunt. You have a decent lineup dude, let them swing. 

They Sox have to be leading the league in bunts attempted by a wide margin. Is there anywhere that shows that info?

Edited by mqr

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

He is quickly replacing Lopez as best probable #5 when rebuild is complete.

As of now, I would say he is the #2 starter.  His ERA is  4.58 after today's start.  The 3 Clowns that make up the rest of the rotation have ERA's of 6.24, 6.62, and 7.36. 

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Did someone die or did the Sox lose a meaningless game?

I don’t care for a second if they win or lose a game like this. It’s just the continued bunting as a sign of the antiquated bullshit we keep seeing from Ricky and Cooper that is beyond tiresome.

On the bright side Mike Matheny won multiple divisions and an NL pennant and Ned Yost is a world series champion so it's not like it's impossible to win with a bumbling idiot in the dugout

13 minutes ago, mqr said:

It's honestly astonishing that his default setting, in almost any situation when runners get on, is to bunt. You have a decent lineup dude, let them swing. 

They Sox have to be leading the league in bunts attempted by a wide margin. Is there anywhere that shows that info?

Following up on this, Ricky is 5th in Rate+, which I assume, is an adjustment of his Sac Bunt percentage, which is 2.1%. In raw percentage he trails only.......Terry Francona?? He has 11 attempts to Tito's 13. 

Alex Cora is up there too, which is surprising as well. 

I Imagine this doesn't count bunts that fail to be put down.

Edited by mqr

I don't blame Ricky so much for bunting... Even tho in that situstion it was dumb. I blame Ricky cause his players can't execute. I swear we got a ton of dumb ballplayers. Leury is like top notch dumb.