Favorite Personal White Sox Player Interaction

KnightsOnMintSt

I haven't had many interactions with players.  One of the best, however, was Buehrle before a Sox game back in 2002 or 2003.  He was doing a TV interview in the dugout before the game while a bunch of fans (myself included) hovered over the dugout.  When we was done he took the time to sign everyone's ball, hat, ticket, etc.  Seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

My wife, kids, and I met Ozzie at a Joliet Slammers game a few years ago.  His son was playing for the opposing team.  Needless to say, there was a constant train of fans walking by asking for pictures and autographs.  He was quite nice when we asked for a picture with the kids.  He just asked that we wait until the half inning was over (his son was batting).

Carlton Fisk spends a lot of time at the youth baseball park where my son plays.  His grandson plays there, and we'll see him around the park.  Many people said not to approach him because he doesn't like being hassled.  I've spoken to him a few times ("Hi", "How you doing?"), and he's always been very nice.

14 hours ago, hogan873 said:

I haven't had many interactions with players.  One of the best, however, was Buehrle before a Sox game back in 2002 or 2003.  He was doing a TV interview in the dugout before the game while a bunch of fans (myself included) hovered over the dugout.  When we was done he took the time to sign everyone's ball, hat, ticket, etc.  Seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

My wife, kids, and I met Ozzie at a Joliet Slammers game a few years ago.  His son was playing for the opposing team.  Needless to say, there was a constant train of fans walking by asking for pictures and autographs.  He was quite nice when we asked for a picture with the kids.  He just asked that we wait until the half inning was over (his son was batting).

Carlton Fisk spends a lot of time at the youth baseball park where my son plays.  His grandson plays there, and we'll see him around the park.  Many people said not to approach him because he doesn't like being hassled.  I've spoken to him a few times ("Hi", "How you doing?"), and he's always been very nice.

That's cool Fisk lives in Chicago area. Pitch at risk to Carlton Fisk; Pitch at risk to Rich Zisk. ... I once in high school competed in watermelon eating contest on the field on the 4th. I didn't even try to win just ate a cold delicious couple pieces of melon. The White Sox players were nice, a few saying, "Don't choke on the seeds."

p.s. You had to send in a postcard or something to be eligible for 4th of July contests. It was quite a thrill when somebody from the Sox called our house (no cell phones then) to confirm I'd been chosen for the melon contest and making sure I wanted to accept.

Edited by greg775