GT: Twins (53-29) @ White Sox (38-42), June 30

soxfan49

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Pal, are you even a sox fan? Jaysus.

Yes, but come on.  Both guys are out-OPS’ing Moncada.  One guy plays the same position as Moncada as well as the outfield.  The other is a catcher.  Let’s be realistic.

Moncada:  .878 OPS, 14 HR, 44 RBI

Contreras:  .940 OPS, 17 HR, 48 RBI

Bryant:  .933 OPS, 16 HR, 41 RBI

Edited by Moan4Yoan

5 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

The 1959 cap is my fave.  I’d love to see it brought back for home Sundays.  Or anything else at this point honestly. 

The white with red pinstripes or the version they wore in 2005? This is the one I'm referring to (first photo in the article of AJ)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.southsidesox.com/platform/amp/2005/12/19/204342/56

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yes, but come on.  Both guys are out-OPS’ing Moncada.  One guy plays the same position as Moncada as well as the outfield.  The other is a catcher.  Let’s be realistic.

Moncada:  .878 OPS

Contreras:  .940 OPS

Bryant:  .933 OPS

And James McCann has a higher bWAR than all of em ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Moncada:  .878 OPS

Contreras:  .940 OPS

Bryant:  .933 OPS

Awesome. Theres more to base than OPS. And Yoan and Contreras WAR are near identical with Yoan possibly passing him today.

You could argue for Yoan but for some reason you love to be negative and down about everything. My goodness.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Awesome. Theres more to base than OPS. And Yoan and Contreras WAR are near identical with Yoan possibly passing him today.

You could argue for Yoan but for some reason you love to be negative and down about everything. My goodness.

I just don’t think he’s the best player in Chicago right now but it’s close.  However, due to service time I’d probably rather have Moncada going forward than the other two.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

I just don’t think he’s better right now but it’s close.  However, due to service time I’d probably rather have Moncada going forward than the other two.

Well, Yoan's numbers are much more sustainable unless you think Contreras is going to maintain a 30% hr/FB rate. 

So when mccann is better than those guys you say you wouldnt trade him for him... but no one would trade Yoan for Conteras but "Contreras is better" according to you. Weird stuff.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

So this is the argument now? I wouldn’t trade Moncada for Bryant or Contreras. Would you?

No, and I already said as much (see above) but I sure as hell would trade McCann for Contreras in a second.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

His argument changes based on whatever makes the white sox look worse. Its exhausting.

Is Jerry Reinsdorf and the Sox paying you to promote his team or something?  Nothing I am saying is outrageous here.

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Is Jerry Reinsdorf and the Sox paying you to promote his team or something?  Nothing I am saying is outrageous here.

Someone makes a positive post about Yoan passing Baez in OPS after Cub fans destroyed Yoan endlessly all last year... directly comparing his badness to the greatness that was javy baez. It was a common thing to hear cub fans doing this.

In retaliation sox fans had a little fun with the OPS comment on twitter and here... you felt the need to point out that Baez plays SS and that Contreras and Bryant are better... you did this unprovoked because you were upset that a sox fan pointed out something positive and fun about yoan. It's hilarious honestly. You feel the need to defend the cubs and put down the sox... but you're a Sox fan. Truly puzzling stuff.

Jerry now pays me to be happy about Yoan being really good and figuring it out quickly. Even more bizarre. Get a hold of yourself.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2