7/8 Games

ron883

Do we have any precedent for guys getting promoted from the DSL mid-season? Maybe it was a mistake having him down there instead of the AZL, but I don't know if having him move to another country to play 30 games is worth it either.

1 hour ago, TomPickle said:

Do we have any precedent for guys getting promoted from the DSL mid-season? Maybe it was a mistake having him down there instead of the AZL, but I don't know if having him move to another country to play 30 games is worth it either.

Yes, Anthony Coronado was moved from DSL. But also I agree I think sox main concern is cultural assimilation and mental workload, and moving him with other teammates seems more their style especially for a 17 year old.

I'd be excited to get more looks for him but they aren't hurting his development leaving him in DSL or anything.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Yes, Anthony Coronado was moved from DSL. But also I agree I think sox main concern is cultural assimilation and mental workload, and moving him with other teammates seems more their style especially for a 17 year old.

I'd be excited to get more looks for him but they aren't hurting his development leaving him in DSL or anything.

I'm also not sure he'd get enough plate appearances in the AZL right now. James Beard, Jon Allen, Anthony Coronado, Misael Gonzalez and Josue Guerrero are on that roster with Logan Glass and Chase Krogman on the way. 

8 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I'm also not sure he'd get enough plate appearances in the AZL right now. James Beard, Jon Allen, Anthony Coronado, Misael Gonzalez and Josue Guerrero are on that roster with Logan Glass and Chase Krogman on the way. 

I've wondered about that but I asked about that at soxfest (last year sox barely played joseu guerrero, coronado, sanchez instead of playing them in DSL) and I guess they feel being in AZ and getting ABs in some backfield games is enough. I did not know backfield games were running but there must be some game play happening.

29 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Sox need another minor league team.

• Thanks 1

Gladney home run number 5.

Also weirdly Camilo Quintero suddenly showed up in Birmingham. Assuming it’s for Madrigal but strange first ABs. Edit:  never mind just your run of the mill milb.com screw up saying it was Quintero’s first game.

• Thanks 1