Jesus Aguilar traded to TB

Sleepy Harold

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Why? I know Abreu has very little trade value but Faria isn't good 

I would take Faria in this rotation for the balance of this year for sure.  Definitely would have done this for Abreu.  But Aguilar is cheaper and under control thru 2022, so probably was not on the table for Abreu.  

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Nightengale just tweeted that this deal would normally be done in August because "each player would have easily cleared waivers".

Lol, Bob.  How in the world does this guy get paid to cover baseball?  

Yeah, I don't know if either one would clear waivers.  Aguilar has had a nice July after a rough start, and Faria has plenty of upside.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Yeah, I don't know if either one would clear waivers.  Aguilar has had a nice July after a rough start, and Faria has plenty of upside.

Faria legit wouldn't make it past the Tigers.  Every single team in the AL would probably claim him.

And yah, Aguilar wouldn't make it through either, but that one isn't quite as embarrassing of a take. 

So Faria has been in AAA most of the year, and pitching mostly as a middle reliever.  I kind of feel like he is being overrated here.  He has pitched 10 innings in the bigs, it looks like he is the last man in the pen, sometimes literally going weeks between appearances.  Tampa didn't seem to think they had much in him.

What am I missing?

Edited by turnin' two

14 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

So Faria has been in AAA most of the year, and pitching mostly as a middle reliever.  I kind of feel like he is being overrated here.  He has pitched 10 innings in the bigs, it looks like he is the last man in the pen, sometimes literally going weeks between appearances.  Tampa didn't seem to think they had much in him.

What am I missing?

Faria has fallen on some tough times, but he had a 3.43 ERA across 87 IP (14 starts) as a rookie in 2017.  84/31 K:BB ratio, 1.17 WHIP.  He is nothing super exciting, but he's definitely the exact type of arm the Sox should be trying to find to give an audition to in the rotation the rest of the season.  Maybe you strike gold.  

7 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

Abreu to Brewers just started (by me).

Maybe he is playing poker to the very end hoping someone gets desperate, but I think Hahn may have cashed his chips in and went home for the day.