Frank Thomas reports on @NBCSChicago Sox GM Rick Hahn "leaning" towards not bringing up top prospect Luis Robert after Charlotte done in playoffs

Bad Hombre

28 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I can't help but wonder if Thomas  will no longer be working for the White Sox. If this upsets JR, Thomas might  not be welcomed back in the future. Once you're on JRs bad side you remain on his bad side forever.

Yeah lets banish the franchise's best player because he stated the obvious on a pregame show. That'll keep the fans on my side! ~ JR, probably

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Yeah lets banish the franchise's best player because he stated the obvious on a pregame show. That'll keep the fans on my side! ~ JR, probably

Whoa buddy. I don't think you know who you're talking to. You're talking to the guy who would definitely get the Sox GM job if all he could do is talk to Jerry after writing countless letters. He's kind of a big deal.

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, soxfan2014 said:

Whoa buddy. I don't think you know who you're talking to. You're talking to the guy who would definitely get the Sox GM job if all he could do is talk to Jerry after writing countless letters. He's kind of a big deal.

Yes you're absolutely right, for shame on myself. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

I will never give up my goal of being the White Sox GM  until I'm at least interviewed for the job by JR or if he ever responds to my letters telling me he's not interested in hiring me.

Until then I will keep writing  him letters requesting to be interviewed for the GM job. Who knows, JR might come to his senses and interview me. I would absolutely impress him enough where I'm sure that he would hire me.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I will never give up my goal of being the White Sox GM  until I'm at least interviewed for the job by JR or if he ever responds to my letters telling me he's not interested in hiring me.

Until then I will keep writing  him letters requesting to be interviewed for the GM job. Who knows, JR might come to his senses and interview me. I would absolutely impress him enough where I'm sure that he would hire me.

Man who stand on toilet, high on pot. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

This is like Homer Simpson wanting to own the Dallas Cowboys. Perfect in its childlike simplicity.

• Love 1

This season is ending with a stale piss smell.  Just like it started.  Just another disheartening year and nobody here is getting any younger.  I'm starting to feel that if the Sox don't compete next year they are going to lose the hardcore fans as well.  Including myself.  The on field play is bad enough.  Some of the stats posted today on the forum -- 7 guys below replacement in the everyday lineup, a DH line worse than the Mets pitchers, some of the staff ERAs -- it's just horrendous.   In year 3 of a rebuild you should see more green shoots.  There''s 1 star on this club,  a couple good players, and a couple average players.  That's fucking it man.

Then you add on the off field horse shit we've been fed with Ricky's rant, the Lisle dustup and so on, it's just, it's tiring man.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

This season is ending with a stale piss smell.  Just like it started.  Just another disheartening year and nobody here is getting any younger.  I'm starting to feel that if the Sox don't compete next year they are going to lose the hardcore fans as well.  Including myself.  The on field play is bad enough.  Some of the stats posted today on the forum -- 7 guys below replacement in the everyday lineup, a DH line worse than the Mets pitchers, some of the staff ERAs -- it's just horrendous.   In year 3 of a rebuild you should see more green shoots.  There''s 1 star on this club,  a couple good players, and a couple average players.  That's fucking it man.

Then you add on the off field horse shit we've been fed with Ricky's rant, the Lisle dustup and so on, it's just, it's tiring man.

Great post, I agree with you completely this has been for me the worst year of this so called  rebuild. And the difference of this rebuild is we do not have the general managers of the Yankees,cubs, astros, or k.c., I am watching day in and day out players performing and doing things out on the field I just do not see from other teams, and enough of this it is only year 3 of the rebuild, can they at least look like they are baseball players once they are out on the field. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

My gripe is that we have had an inordinate number of games that fall in the unwatchable category.  The FO has a responsibility to keep it "entertaining".  You can feel it in the game threads.  Even the hard core Sox fan has stopped caring.  

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 4:12 PM, WBWSF said:

Just a thought to maybe save you some time. Do you really think JR reads his mail?  You can be assured he has an admin who opens all his mail and sends to him what he wants and places the rest in her circular file. Maybe send it to Hahn instead in case he is looing for an advisor.........................

15 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Just a thought to maybe save you some time. Do you really think JR reads his mail?  You can be assured he has an admin who opens all his mail and sends to him what he wants and places the rest in her circular file. Maybe send it to Hahn instead in case he is looing for an advisor.........................

JR use to read his mail. I've received numerous letters where he responded to me in the past. I don't know if he still reads his mail.  I wouldn't waste my time writing to Hahn. I  don't want to be associated with the Rick Hahn Dynasty Era.

35 minutes ago, poppysox said:

My gripe is that we have had an inordinate number of games that fall in the unwatchable category.  The FO has a responsibility to keep it "entertaining".  You can feel it in the game threads.  Even the hard core Sox fan has stopped caring.  

You are right about this. There are too many games when the Sox don't look like a major league club. In some series, they just get pasted and provide little or no competition. During the rebuild, there are too many players on this club that would not be on any other team, even a bad one.

That is why this off season is important. The developing players have to be supported by at least a few veterans. Robert, Eloy and Moncada have the potential but are very young and they will struggle. No team wins with young players only.

Expecting a contending team in 2020 is not realistic. Simply put: The FO can't tell fans to be patient anymore. The overall performance of the team needs to improve even if they don't contend for the post-season. Having a weak offense while giving up runs in double digits doesn't make it anymore.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

JR use to read his mail. I've received numerous letters where he responded to me in the past. I don't know if he still reads his mail.  I wouldn't waste my time writing to Hahn. I  don't want to be associated with the Rick Hahn Dynasty Era.

Writing a letter to him does not associate you with his era

• Thanks 1