Yanks might be looking to trade?

spataro51

I don;t know if anyone has said anything about this yet; but if I am correct with the signing of Clemens today..... the yanks have a total of 7 people in their starting rotation Jeff Weaver, David WElls, Orlando HErnandez, Andy Pettit, Mike mussina, Jose Conteras and Roger Clemens. Don't you think they would want to get rid of 2 or at least 1 of their starting pitchers? Maybe Weaver?

I think KW should make a call over their and see what we can get our hands on.

Guest hotsoxchick1

yeah looks like el duque drew the shortest straw... if anyone gets moved it will be him... he wouldnt be a bad pick up for us but knowing kw he would over pay for him ..........always gotta do that 3 for 1 thing and send some spending cash along for the ride............

The thing is, the Yankees are looking to cut payroll, not add it. El Duque made $3.2 million last year, and that will probably increase some...maybe $1 million....trading CLee for El Duque straight up would cancel out the contracts....which is the reason we give them Liefer. We give them Sanders and maybe someone else....I'd be willing to give them Wunsch, but I don't know if KW would.

All in all, we would take on about $3 million extra in salary and the Yankees dispose of a contract.

Now what I'd seriously see as more believable would be Pettitte....he will be making $11.5 mill next year, and they already have another lefty starter, old as he is, in Wells...my question is, is he(Pettitte) worth it? It would probably be the same package.

Originally posted by theoldroman And El Duque is about 37 so I say we go after Pettitte. Hes probably about 30 and hes a darn good pitcher. Lets just not overpay.

There's no way in hell JR is even going to consider Pettite. JR would never pick up a SP contract like Pettite's. It's El Doody or nothing.

Well....

From Ken Rosenthal's Inside Dish:

Yankees owner George Steinbrenner didn't do GM Brian Cashman any favors by signing off on a four-year, $32 million contract with Cuban defector RHP Jose Contreras and leaving open the possibility of a return by RHP Roger Clemens. Cashman was having enough problems unloading RHP Orlando Hernandez and LHP Sterling Hitchcock; now teams can force Cashman to lower his trade demands or put LHP Andy Pettitte back in play, knowing the team needs to jettison even more salary. . . . 

Originally posted by spataro51

I don;t know if anyone has said anything about this yet; but if I am correct with the signing of Clemens today..... the yanks have a total of 7 people in their starting rotation Jeff Weaver, David WElls, Orlando HErnandez, Andy Pettit, Mike mussina, Jose Conteras and Roger Clemens. Don't you think they would want to get rid of 2 or at least 1 of their starting pitchers? Maybe Weaver?

I think KW should make a call over their and see what we can get our hands on.

I'll gladly take Weaver,Pettitte or "El Puque",as I call him.Oops!!That'll cost money.Sorry,no can do in the world of JR.

My bad.:mad:

I had no idea what I was thinking in starting this topic........IF WE WOULDN'T GET IN THE RACE FOR KEVIN MILLWOOD FOR A 3RD STRING CATCHER, THEN WHY IN HELL WOULD WE EVEN consider trying to go and get a starter from the yanks for probably little or nothing HAHA sometimes I just don't think! KW'S 50 cents was spent a long time ago on TOLIET PAPER because of all the BULLs*** coming out of his ass!!!