The Ringer loves the White Sox: Two Articles

chitownsportsfan

17 hours ago, pcq said:

I see Nick as having Nelson Fox potential as his prototype. Low power low K guys who are contact hitters, good glove and base-running skills. Rod Carew was an elite hitter, different category. 

I'm not saying he's going to be Rod Carew...i'm saying that is the ceiling.  Rod Carew was not a great hitter in the minors...hovering around .300 with .750 OPS in 1000 at bats.  Nellie Fox was NOT a good base runner...stealing an average of 5 bases per year and being thrown out 5 times a year. Rod Carew was a much better base stealer.  Nellie was a much better defensive player.  Carew walked a lot more.   Both were second basemen that basically hit singles (81% for Nellie, 79% for Carew, 58% for Frank Thomas for comparison sake).   Best 10 year war for Fox was 4.5 per year.  Best 10 year war for Carew was 5.7 per year.  I think Nick will be a better defender than either.  Better base stealer than Fox. Worse hitter than Carew.   So I think a 10 year WAR of 5 average for his ceiling?