Holy shit Robert........

6 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Robert just hit one to fucking Barrington

6 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Robert. Lord.

6 hours ago, SouthWallace said:

Last row of seats in LF?!

6 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

So in one day, Robert hits one into the shrubbery, and then one onto the concourse. Dayum.

6 hours ago, Heads22 said:

So Merkin estimated a combined 850ft. on the 2 HR's seems conservative . What do you all think and which one went farther ? Just short of the concourse is a mighty blast we don't often see . We've seen Eloy, Avi.Moncada and Thome all  semi recently going extremely deep in CF, Moncads hit one to CF that was 452 ft last year that looked longer than Roberts. Eloy's went 462 to slightly left of center into a staircase. Abreu hit one 462 that looked like it was maybe 4 rows short of the concourse but wasn't pulled as much as Roberts. Eloy also had a 471 footer to straight away CF .

My guess is the one Robert hit to CF was right around 430 and the one to left was 465  so right about 895 ft of HR's.

6 hours ago, poppysox said:

Refresh my memory...when was the last time the WS had 3 five-tool players in the same opening day lineup??

Who are the 3?  

Robert, Moncada I'd agree with..

I am assuming you're putting Anderson in there but I couldn't with his bad defense and 15-20 home runs. 

Still... When is even the last time we had TWO?!

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

2 hours ago, Quin said:

One of these days on a mammoth home run, I just want to hear Jason belt out Hawk's home run call. Now that he's a few years in, and a lifelong Sox fan, I feel like it's ok to let it be a Sox tradition.

More like instead of "you can put it on the board yes" to the Hawkism . "he kilt it . Mercy" !

12 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Who are the 3?  

Robert, Moncada I'd agree with..

I am assuming you're putting Anderson in there but I couldn't with his bad defense and 15-20 home runs. 

Still... When is even the last time we had TWO?!

Tools are just that...tools.  In my view, a high power tool might still only produce just OK results.  It's about potential not necessarily about the current results.  Out of nowhere TA wins the batting title.  He always had the potential but last year it came together for him.  His defense at times is stupendous...as you point out sometimes not so much.  Wouldn't shock me at all to see GG one of these days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quin said:

One of these days on a mammoth home run, I just want to hear Jason belt out Hawk's home run call. Now that he's a few years in, and a lifelong Sox fan, I feel like it's ok to let it be a Sox tradition.

This is quite all right. When you hear guys say LONG GONE that's an Ernie Harwell.