AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

20 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Prior to last nights game the Sox were underdogs against the Twins on opening day (+125) and now they are favored to win. (-120)

I know it's just what the bookies think on paper, but if we are the favorites against the Twins... It's gonna be a fun 60 games.

I dont think the Sox should ever be favored with berrios on the mound.

20 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I dont think the Sox should ever be favored with berrios on the mound.

But the Twins should be, who are on the road, and facing an even better pitcher who happened to shut them out in his penultimate start against them?

22 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

But the Twins should be, who are on the road, and facing an even better pitcher who happened to shut them out in his penultimate start against them?

Yes. Berrios just scares me as a pitcher against the Sox. It's like playing KC. The Sox will be no better than 1-2 over .500 against them.

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Yes. Berrios just scares me as a pitcher against the Sox. It's like playing KC. The Sox will be no better than 1-2 over .500 against them.

I get it, especially the Royals part, but FWIW, Berrios allowed 18 runs in 34 innings (4.76 R/G) against the Sox last year, while Giolito allowed 9 in 25 against the Twins (3.24 R/G), and 7 of those 9 runs came in 1 start.

To be fair, 7 of Berrios' 18 runs were unearned, but nevertheless, we've at least put up a fight against him, whereas Giolito owned Minnesota aside from 1 bad start.

7 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I get it, especially the Royals part, but FWIW, Berrios allowed 18 runs in 34 innings (4.76 R/G) against the Sox last year, while Giolito allowed 9 in 25 against the Twins (3.24 R/G), and 7 of those 9 runs came in 1 start.

To be fair, 7 of Berrios' 18 runs were unearned, but nevertheless, we've at least put up a fight against him, whereas Giolito owned Minnesota aside from 1 bad start.

I get it. I just wouldn't bet on it and change the odds as that post mentioned.