Opening Day Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I'd like to change my answer about expanding the number of playoff teams...I'm now in favor of it

This Twins team is really freaking good.  Impressive lineup depth.  Sano and Arraez would be batting 2nd and 3rd for a lot of teams.

Just now, wegner said:

I'd like to change my answer about expanding the number of playoff teams...I'm now in favor of it

When you think of it, each AL Central game is counting 2.5X normal...so you really can't afford any sweeps against the Twins or the Indians or you really start putting yourself behind the 8 ball.

The fact that Ross Detwiler's a better option than Carson Fulmer at this point in time...doesn't such much for our talent evaluation.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I agree I'd really like to see TA/Yoan/Eloy/Grandal/Abreu/Robert don't care about bottom of order.

You're really going to hit EE 7th?

One thing for sure, a veteran manager like Renteria won't do that unless he just goes into a horrendous slump.    Seems he wants to keep Robert in that 7th or 8th spot for most of the season unless/until he absolutely catches fire.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

You're really going to hit EE 7th?

One thing for sure, a veteran manager like Renteria won't do that unless he just goes into a horrendous slump.    Seems he wants to keep Robert in that 7th or 8th spot for most of the season unless/until he absolutely catches fire.

Guess maybe swap EE and Robert makes sense.

Berrios is now going to be 12-2 against the White Sox in his career.   Guess we're going to have to sign him as a FA, too.

Undoubtedly the best way to weaken that damned team, and quickly.   At this point, just hoping for 4-6 against the Twins, but prepared for 3-7.

Cole Kalhoun just homered for AZ.  Would have been nice to have him on the field instead of Delmonico.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

This Twins team is really freaking good.  Impressive lineup depth.  Sano and Arraez would be batting 2nd and 3rd for a lot of teams.

Yeah we have a problem on our hands. Have to hope that Cruz and Donaldson get old next year otherwise it's going to be hard to overtake them. 

I'm more pissed about having to deal with Cub fans I know trolling about Giolito than I am with his bad start tonight. The Twins are going to kill lots of good pitchers. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah we have a problem on our hands. Have to hope that Cruz and Donaldson get old next year otherwise it's going to be hard to overtake them. 

I'm more pissed about having to deal with Cub fans I know trolling about Giolito than I am with his bad start tonight. The Twins are going to kill lots of good pitchers. 

You take Giolito’s performance way too personally

• Like 1