7/25 GT - Twins at Sox - 1:10pm

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't get this tweet. First off he say not sourced so that means he didn't get the info from the Sox analytics department  but goes on to say the Sox analytics department LIKELY does not believe Renteria's lineups are optimal. Why doesn't he just say he thinks the lineup isn't optimal instead of phrasing it the way he did and throwing in (not sourced ) and (my opinion) ?

I read this tweet the same way. It's like he is trying to give is authority other than his own, but he doesn't really have any so he fakes it like he does, maybe even trying to create a controversy of a split in management that doesn't exist to lend it some fake credence. 

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Mendick was at SS that game though. I doubt hes a great fielder but I'm sure hes better than Leury.

And defense aside, hes probably got a better bat than Delmonico at this point anyways. 

The ball always finds the weakest fielder.  Can't wait for Madrigal to get the call.  I'll take Madrigal & Engel any day over Leury and Delmonico.  I like both guys on my bench but not in my everyday lineup.

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

I am missing a food related pun about Keuchel during the pregame?...Shouldn't it be What's at Stake not What's at Steak?

Isn't the segment sponsored by Joe's, a famous steak and seafood restaurant in Chicago?

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I read this tweet the same way. It's like he is trying to give is authority other than his own, but he doesn't really have any so he fakes it like he does, maybe even trying to create a controversy of a split in management that doesn't exist to lend it some fake credence. 

Say what you will, but whoever this is has a source. He's always right

10 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Isn't the segment sponsored by Joe's, a famous steak and seafood restaurant in Chicago?

Say what you will, but whoever this is has a source. He's always right

But this isn't sourced, even though it implies that it is. 

53 minutes ago, Quin said:

He was before he basically became a full time OF.

Honestly didn’t like him in the field before. His reputation was infield fldefense when we acquired him but it was never plus, and yeah, since he split reps in outfield it got way worse. And understandably! I don’t blame him.

This Dobnak guy actually has some impressive numbers at every level. Including his 5 starts (9 appearances) last year in the bigs. Not your typical Uber driver. With all of these studly right handed bats in the lineup for Minnesota. I'm a bit nervous about today. Hopefully Kuechel can do what he does best and keep the ball on the ground. 

38 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It sounds more like he's hearing directly that the analytics department has an issue with Ricky and his lineup. Then, the part about it being to do with his lineups not being optimal is sort of assuming. I think he's just picking his words carefully.