China is in space

Do you feel that the United States needs to compete with the new chinese space program?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel that the United States needs to compete with the new chinese space program?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I personally am a little pissed off. China becomes the first country not named the U.S. or Russia to send a man into orbit.

China has plans to send a man to the moon, and to build moon bases. Unfortunately, technology is so much better today, they won't have to experiment for 9 years before actually getting to the moon like we had too.

We have not been to the moon since 1972, and currently have no missions on the agenda to return. In my opinion it would be a tragedy if a country like China was to use the moon for purposes outside of the spirit of science...and knowing China, science probably takes a backseat to conquest, and showing up the United States.

I think we should concentrate on going back there and setting up a few bases so that China does not try to 'own' the moon. I can just see myself staring out the window and seeing the moon painted red :lol: .

Obviously though, I may be wrong and China may just want to do some scientific studies, and it would be great if they would join the US and Russia in missions to the International Space Station and partner with us in future exploration of our galaxy.