Sox vs St Louis Covids Game 1 8/15 thread, noon start

Ok I thought Delmon Young had more game power than he did. Looking for another guy. 

Basically what I was saying was that Eloy looks like he might be a .260/.310/.800 guy.  If he's playing defense like crap idk if that's very valuable. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Blackout Friday said:

Holding the ball until the runner flinches and/or runs counts. Try again next time. 

Look....even Steve Stone said that was because Gio didn’t look over at all in his last at bat, continue to carry water for him, he doesn’t have the best track record at holding on runners 

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Ok I thought Delmon Young had more game power than he did. Looking for another guy. 

Basically what I was saying was that Eloy looks like he might be a .260/.310/.800 guy. 

Eloy has played maybe a full season in his career so far, c’mon man. No comparisons necessary at this point 

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

His changeup was garbage and so was his fastball.  He's not an ace sitting at 93.  He is at 96-97.

I honestly don't know how much of his velocity drop is due to the short ramp up period. This is a weird season. 

I probably shouldn't be too harsh on anyone but I'm annoyed because I expected more from some guys. 

BTW Giolito's fastball is only down .8 mph from 94.2 in 2019 to 93.4 this year. 

I haven't seen him hit 96-97 since his start against Cleveland though. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Look....even Steve Stone said that was because Gio didn’t look over at all in his last at bat, continue to carry water for him, he doesn’t have the best track record at holding on runners 

Water comes on tap. He held the ball. Runner flinched and got caught. Call it however you want. Blame game is fun but the mirror is scary. 

Just now, Blackout Friday said:

Water comes on tap. He held the ball. Runner flinched and got caught. Call it however you want. Blame game is fun but the mirror is scary. 

??? He had no idea he was even going until the bench was yelling and the runner was halfway to second base 

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I honestly don't know how much of his velocity drop is due to the short ramp up period. This is a weird season. 

I probably shouldn't be too harsh on anyone but I'm annoyed because I expected more from some guys. 

You're starting to sound like a certain Iraqi information minister with all the attempted spin-meistering going on...

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Why are they pitching Detwiler in a game they’re gonna lose?

He hasn't gotten much work to stay sharp in the last 7-10 days...I guess.    Almost, almost had an error on Robert out in CF but saved himself at the last second getting the ball in.

Edited by caulfield12

Keep Eloy completely away from those situations by the tarp down the 3B foul line.

They're going to have to think about stretching Detwiler back out in a starting role...as painful as it might be, if they can't get enough out of their bullpen starts.  The first one from Foster was fine, just wonder how long that can be maintained.

Edited by caulfield12