Sox vs St Louis Covids Game 1 8/15 thread, noon start

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Just like that game 1 against the Angels in 2005...Angels got in late, etc....but it ended up being the only game they lost that post season.

Byrd vs. Contreras.    And Jose was pretty much the best pitcher in baseball taking the mound that night, had a long streak of not losing a game that extended into May, 2006, when he got hurt coming off the mound to cover 1st and hurt his Achilles' tendon in Cincinnati.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, wegner said:

Just like that game 1 against the Angels in 2005...Angels got in late, etc....but it ended up being the only game they lost that post season.

MAN! I was thinking the exact same thing. Even before the game. 

but the different is we weren’t sitting on our hands waiting. We were still playing. So, really, no excuse. 

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Eloy thought it was rock 'n jock game apparently and that attitude extends to the team.  Get the fucking ball in, show some fucking urgency instead of fucking around.

For real. If that ball didn't hit the net you just let everyone move up 90 feet.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

these MLB.tv commercials are depressing, annoying and I'd pay extra to auto mute them.

yeah, thats why i cancelled. I find my streams through other means now. Its ridiculous that you pay AND have to be subjected to commercials. Obnoxious

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

But it did, so he didn't.

Nobody knew that.  You play out the play.  I just don't understand how a MLB player holds the ball in that situation.  A little leaguer would have chucked it in faster, regardless of the ruling in real time by the umps, which Eloy could not have known.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

If you really think about it Giolito got killed by the BABIP gods in the 1st inning. Neither the Fowler hit or the hit by their catcher were hit that hard. If the Fowler one is just a pop up like it's supposed to be he gets out of it with one run. 

They weren't hit hard but they each had hit probabilities around 90%